Votes: 7 58.3%
  • No i dont use a UPS

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Numeric is **** compared to APC. I used 2 around 7-8 years ago. And slowly they died. Prior to my cross fire system, I had a 650VA, and it is still rock-solid with a friend of mine. Been like 4 years.

The 650VA is worth it from APC. It has the software option. Check it before you pick it up. In the 650VA, you can turn of the beep.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Numeric is **** compared to APC. I used 2 around 7-8 years ago. And slowly they died. Prior to my cross fire system, I had a 650VA, and it is still rock-solid with a friend of mine. Been like 4 years.

The 650VA is worth it from APC. It has the software option. Check it before you pick it up. In the 650VA, you can turn of the beep.

elnova, numeric, even frontech & iball falls in same department. no surge protector of any kind (thats why my UPS went boom). APC is worth the added premium specially the 550Va if not even the 650Va.

OP
hot zubs

hot zubs

live life king like...
hey guys i jus came to know about another UPS called Microtek 800VA UPS...
one of d guy in another forum is getting a battery backup of 1hr from this UPS and it costs just 2.5k, any idea about this UPS...
has anyone used it over here...
is it much better than APC 650VA...

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Just as crap. Nothing beats APC. It is the Mercedez Benz of UPS. You also on Techenclave right. Cross posting like and cross referencing. :)

OP
hot zubs

hot zubs

live life king like...
yeah dude i'm over there too...
so APC 550VA or 650VA must b final...

u told u got a APC earlier how much backup it used to giv on ur system, i mean d time...
and wat do u think, how much backup wil it give on my config...

OP
hot zubs

hot zubs

live life king like...
thanks a lot for all your replies friends i finally got a APC BackUPS ES650VA for 2.9k today

it works pretty well, it gives me a backup of almost 20 min with fully charged batteries...
the USB feature and software feature is awesome, i really loved it...

mumblehere

On The Game
hi, jus a small query abt apc 650 ups, so postin in dis thread itself. :razz:

is it so dat during battery power (and during ups startup, say for 10 sec or so), a lesser phase voltage will be there in neutral pins? checkin with tester, jus a negligible diff in led brightness in neutral pin as with phase pin.

apc customercare told its floating current and it is common. is it common or only for apc or only for my ups:-(?

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

thanks a lot for all your replies friends i finally got a APC BackUPS ES650VA for 2.9k today

it works pretty well, it gives me a backup of almost 20 min with fully charged batteries...
the USB feature and software feature is awesome, i really loved it...

hotzubs, can u chek it?

OP
hot zubs

hot zubs

live life king like...
^^^
sorry i did not get ur question... i'm new to this UPS stuff n i don't know this neutral pins n all...
u mean to say that while booting from the UPS battery power u get flickering sound from the UPS is it???

Status
Not open for further replies.