UPS not compatible with home Inverter :X

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
I have an Intex UPS BLACK ARMOUR 725 UPS. My landlord has a Powertech sinewave inverter with two 150 ah Powertech batteries... I can't run my desktop on UPS as when electricity goes the UPS will run on Inverter for few minutes n then sounds of tik tik tik tik will start which makes me crazy n i disconnect UPS n run my desktop on inverter directly..
the main problem is he also has a voltage stabilizer n where i live , it is needed... so when there is fluctuation , power supply would go up n down n desktop is powered off for 2 seconds n then powered on so it would start from scratch with windows boot up options where i select "Start windows normally", sometimes it starts up Startup Repair... this happens about a dozen times in a day ....thats why i brought my UPS from home only for this reason... im very nervous that this powering off of desktop directly might have impact n do some damage...

In the user manual of Intex UPS , it is written that it is inverter compatible...then why can't i run it??

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Actually, its a hostel type building where landlord has separate inverters in each floor..so changing something in his inverter might not be the right thing to do ... :-(

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
ask him & explain to him.inverter mode is recommended for home inverters anyway as ups mode is more sensitive to voltage fluctuations & will be more demanding on the inverter.he shouldn't have any issues & if the inverter is already in inverter mode it will at least eliminate one possible cause of this issue.you can at least look at the back/front of inverter to see if there is such a switch & if there is then what mode it is set at.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I don't know if you succeeded in tackling voltage fluctuation or not but a few years ago, I too had this situation, and UPS didn't help even a bit against fluctuation.

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
And so i toggled a button on the back of inverter and it wouldn't start when there was a powercut....everybody was amazed as to what had happened...i was standing among them with guilt all over my face :-D.... they were discussing whether the inverter switch at the front is on or off n there i threw myself with "pta hai inverter k piche bhi switch hota hai, aao dekhe kahin wo off to nhi"

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Some electricians I knew adviced me against using an UPS with Inverter. Though I am not sure why, I did ask them only after I had problems using an UPS in an inverter line. Try to find a socket that is not linked to the Inverter line or request the building owner to provide one.

Top Bottom