UPS Can't take backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

boosters

In the zone
I purchased the new UPS on Mar 2006 it is about now the 1 year is over. and the warranty is also over, now the problem was come that when the power cuts the ups can't take backup and the system was crashed or restart. What's the problem i can't understand , Please someone help before my computer was gone to junk.:(

abhi.eternal

In search of light...
same problem here too. when the power fluctuates, the computer restarts immediately. is it a battery problem?

digital2006

Broken In
abhi.eternal said:
same problem here too. when the power fluctuates, the computer restarts immediately. is it a battery problem?

same problem here but unfortunately i was twice bitten by the same bug. but you should not

here-

check if the pc cabinet has voltage running by switching off the pc & touch any of the metallic parts with a tester(not the painted parts) metallic parts mean nuts /bolts screwed to the cabinet. if tester detects the voltage that means there is earth leakage. this happens in most cheap upses . check & you may find that the line & neutral wire inside the ups hv been interchanged or there may b a problrm in yr house wiring(local electricians also unknowingly change the line& neutral in the sockets, this does not create problm for tv etc but it does for inverter & ups . what happens is that the battery loses charge even if ups is off
& hence fails within 1 yr(avg life is 2-3 yrs) . I checked this but till then it was late, even my exide batt gone kaput .

also check in any of the socket where you plug yr monitor etc
put tester in the earth socket (the socket with a large opening in 3 pin ones)
if tester detects voltage then it could b that batt potential is bein leaked to the earth wire

get it solved at earliest else more appliances will malfunction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom