Upgrading my machine for CGI/Gaming

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Cool. One bad thing about being relatively new to bangalore is that I have no idea where these computer-walla shops are.. Will try and find out a suitable cabinet this weekend :)

Go to S.P road mate. You'll find tons of shops. Golcha computers is the one to look out. P.M our forum member d3p. He'll help you out. :)

OP
H

hearthacker

Journeyman
Alrighty!! Its time to order stuff! Got my Corsair 400R cabinet today from SP Road in Bangalore.

Heres what I have narrowed

AMD FX 8350
ASUS CROSSHAIR V Formula Motherboard
Asus NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 4 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card
G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) PC RAM (F3-12800CL10D-16GBXL)
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Cooler

Will be using my exisiting monitors and the 300GB HDD. I have a OCZ 600 Watts PSU (will it be enough?)

Thanks~

Last edited:
Alrighty!! Its time to order stuff! Got my Corsair 400R cabinet today from SP Road in Bangalore.

Heres what I have narrowed

AMD FX 8350
ASUS CROSSHAIR V Formula Motherboard
Asus NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 4 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card
G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) PC RAM (F3-12800CL10D-16GBXL)
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Cooler

Will be using my exisiting monitors and the 300GB HDD. I have a OCZ 600 Watts PSU (will it be enough?)

Thanks~
That PSU is fine.

OP
H

hearthacker

Journeyman
Awesome!

One more question ::

I'm currently opting for ASUS CROSSHAIR V Formula Motherboard, I also have the option to go for the M5A99FX PRO R2.0 or the ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX. What are the major differences between these board and will it be a big deal if I'm gaming or doing CGI rendering?

Awesome!

One more question ::

I'm currently opting for ASUS CROSSHAIR V Formula Motherboard, I also have the option to go for the M5A99FX PRO R2.0 or the ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX. What are the major differences between these board and will it be a big deal if I'm gaming or doing CGI rendering?
When sabretooth and formulae are in the equation, m5a99FX pro automatically gets out. Crosshair has better overclocking support and mush better onboard audio and Intel LAN, but the sabertooth is like 7k cheaper! I vote for Sabertooth.

Top Bottom