Upgrading in tight budget :O

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
is there any possibility of screwing VRMs while OCing ??
obviously...low end motherboards aren't for high OCing or OCing of power hungry processors.

Put 1090T in a cheap motherboard and OC it. VRMs would get fried as they won't be able to give enough power.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
is there any possibility of screwing VRMs while OCing ??

make sure you don't go over ( cpu vcore ) 1.5v and it would be best if you have a cabby with Top fan ( on the roof area ) and a good after market cpu cooler ;-)

OP
happy17292

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
i rarely OC, but if CPU creates bottleneck after 2-3 years, i will temporarily OC it to 3.6-3.7 on stock voltage.

as of now i have selected, phenom II X4 955 BE

for RAM, 4GB DDR3 1333MHz Gskill
Flipkart: Gskill 4 GB DDR3: Ram

for motherboard, i am thinking about GA-MA78LMT-S2 (rev. 3.x), its available at ITwares and it supports even 140W CPUs
GA-78LMT-S2P (rev. 3.1) has AM3+ socket but supports CPUs upto 125W.

so imo GA-MA78LMT-S2 (rev. 3.x) seems better choice [i am sure i will not upgrade to bulldozer proccy in future]
correct me if i am wrong

Cilus

laborare est orare
But currently there are no 140W TDP AM3 or AM3+ processor available. 140W is the TDP of the older Phenom processors like Phenom 9950, 9850 and 1st gen of AM3 Phenom II CPUs. Now after C3 revision, even the 6 core phenoms come with 125W TDP. And also a mobo does support 140W TDP CPu doe not mean that it supports better overclocking.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
getting GA-78LMT-S2P (rev. 3.1) makes better sense and you never know the future about BD cpus - so it's good to have a supported mobo ;-)

Top Bottom