Upgrading doubts

Status
Not open for further replies.

shriekers

Broken In
i have a 3Ghz Nothwood PRocessor withe the intel 865GBF mother board and 1Gb of DDR 400MHz Ram

My graphics Card is a Ati Radeon 9800 Pro and the hard disk is a 80Gb SATA Maxtor Hard disk

Thing is that i'm interested in upgrading my sys but i don't know what to change

should i change my mobo and proccesor combo
or
should i change my gfx card
or
increase card disk

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Woahhhhhhhhh :shock: An Upgrade Already Over Such a Huge Config :roll:
God Help Those Who Are In Need :wink:

Btw Of Course The Mobo+Processor Combo can be Changed as The Gfx Card u Have Currently Is An Excellent Card In The ATi Series and Will prevail For Sometime now :)......Processor Has Enough Gigz....So if u wanna Change The MObo Go for a 915G Chipset or If u Wanna The Whole Combo Then Go In For a Amd Athlon 64Fx 3000+ With a Via or Gigabyte k8v Mobo......Try Posting this in The Hardware Section U'll Get Better Advice There Mate :D

VD17

Journeyman
Your config. is already very good. i'd suggest u wait a couple of months and expect newer processors and the INTEL 925 chipset in cheaper and more effecient prices [altho. it seems cost is not a factor for you ;) ] . I'd strongly suggest that because the best processor available now is 3.6GHZ, which is just 600MHZ more than yours... what for more time and the speeds will increase. and if you're really hell bent on getting an upgrade... get another HDD. u can always do with more space.. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom