Upgrade Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

nregmie

Broken In
I have PC with following configuration.
System model: D945GCR, 3.2 GHz, 1 gb ddr2 667 ram, 160 hd,etc, 19' widescreen monnitor.
I am waiting for Crysis and NFS Pro Street. I want to play these games at 1440*900 resolution with medium settings. Can i play these games at medium settings by just adding new graphic card or i have upgrade my mobo and processor? I found that i can install Core 2 duo on my board. But i dont want to upgrade my mobo n processor if i can play these games by just adding new graphic card.
If possible which graphic card should i buy?
Please tell me cheapest solution as i dont want to spend too much on this.
ty

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@nregmie
do ya have pentium D 3.2? If then no problem. Even if it won't perform as Core2Duo, it can let u play all games nd wont be a bottleneck if u get a mid range gcard.
its its not a pentium D, then its wud be highly bottleneck for future games. So in that case get a 5k C2D nd later get a 10k+ Gcard[da best for da price at time of purchase].

Shloeb

In the zone
If u don't want to get dx10. Then buy a asus x1900xt at 9k. Considering that the dx10 are far from stable right now.

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Best graphics card in ur budget is ASUS EN 8600 GT .
I can play nfs pro street demo perfectly at Highest Settings,res,8x AA !

neerajkumar_4

Journeyman
nregmie said:
I have PC with following configuration.
System model: D945GCR, 3.2 GHz, 1 gb ddr2 667 ram, 160 hd,etc, 19' widescreen monnitor.
I am waiting for Crysis and NFS Pro Street. I want to play these games at 1440*900 resolution with medium settings. Can i play these games at medium settings by just adding new graphic card or i have upgrade my mobo and processor? I found that i can install Core 2 duo on my board. But i dont want to upgrade my mobo n processor if i can play these games by just adding new graphic card.
If possible which graphic card should i buy?
Please tell me cheapest solution as i dont want to spend too much on this.
ty

i dont think you can play at that resolution with jus a mid range card like (8600).
NFS might work at full in 8600GT( i guess) but CRYSIS Wont work at 1400*900 (with MID) you will need to try 8800 GT or may b ..not sure 8600 GTS

btw wats the CPU u have? core 2 duo ? or Pentium D? or wat?

rajasekharan

Youngling
DONT buy right now

cause

crysis is right now killing everything, so wait for nvidia and ATI to respond back , which they will in 2 months
by the time the latest cards are gonna fall in price , which you can get ..:)

try to restrain yourself , cause even 8800gt produces a mean 15 FPS on 1024*768 res. which is crap.

i assume you get the picture from this..:)

and please dont tell me that another game is gonna trash the system by that time......

nothing will as much as crysis did , and certainly it takes long gaps like
farcry, doom, fear, oblivion games did

it creates enough gaps inbetween for us to accumulate money and waist them..;)

moshel

Padawan
i say change the mobo man....945???? thats no where close to being a gaming mobo....i say change the mobo to lets say a 650i or 680i.....and add a decent gfx card like the 8600GT (well not decent, but bare minimum i say)

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
rajasekharan said:
DONT buy right now

cause

crysis is right now killing everything, so wait for nvidia and ATI to respond back , which they will in 2 months
by the time the latest cards are gonna fall in price , which you can get ..:)

try to restrain yourself , cause even 8800gt produces a mean 15 FPS on 1024*768 res. which is crap.

i assume you get the picture from this..:)

and please dont tell me that another game is gonna trash the system by that time......

nothing will as much as crysis did , and certainly it takes long gaps like
farcry, doom, fear, oblivion games did

it creates enough gaps inbetween for us to accumulate money and waist them..;)

I agree with this ^^^ 100%

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
I currently have 8600 GT which runs all the games unless "THE LATEST" at Max Setts on my PC. So I will wait till a DX10 or DX10.1 Game which Ifeel is worth to play for a Upgrade price of gfx.

SO may be next year end a 9800 GT ? :D

For Now I am happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom