Upgrade RAM and HDD

anaklusmos

Youngling
I am currently running a 4 GB Corsair Vengeance stick along with a crappy 250GB HDD.
Need to upgrade both if possible, or atleast the HDD. [STRIKE]No specific requirements as such[/STRIKE], and ofcourse there is no limit to the the amount of HDD space that one can have :p
Budget is around 5k
PS: I have more than enough PSU power ( Corsair TX850 V2) and Sata 6Gbps ports on my Mobo( Gigabyte Z68a-GD65(g3) )
Since I spend most of my time either playing games on max settings, the HDD has to be somewhat performance oriented

Thanks

Last edited:
4 GB RAM is enough unless you are doing something demanding like rendering or working with multiple VMs. For HDD, you can get a 2 TB HDD for ~5k.

OP
A

anaklusmos

Youngling
Still I am seeing a LOT of pagefile read writes on my system, so much that many times games are lagging because of that, and overall performance of the PC is also being affected. So maybe more RAM is needed?

sushovan

In the zone
4 GB RAM is not ample these days, My PC starts to lag when I open 25+ tabs in Waterfox.(Windows 7 Ultimate x64)

OP
A

anaklusmos

Youngling
So which among WD green or blue is better? The green seems to be sort of ECO-friendly thingy, does it reduce noise and temps at cost of performance? If not, then i'm going to get it as it's cheaper than Blue, atleast on flipkart

OP
A

anaklusmos

Youngling
Sorry for the ignorance, but would I need a similar stick of 4GB(ie Corsair Vengeance) in RAM slot 3 (current 4GB stick is in RAM slot 1) to enable dual channel?
And does the brand/size of RAM matter for that?

- - - Updated - - -

Ordered WD Blue 1TB and Corsair Vengeance 4GB for a total of 6950 from Snapdeal :D
A bit more than what I wanted to spend, but this should help alleviate the sissues I am having :)

Top Bottom