Upgrade or New purchase

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
thats not m.2 nvme I recommend a nvme ssd like samsung 970 pro.
Kingston A2000 & WD Blue SN550 are the best budget nvme ssd currently & you won't see any noticeable performance difference between them & WD Black/samsung 970 nvme ssd in typical usage case scenario. Also M.2 is form factor, all nvme ssd are m.2 only.

thats not m.2 nvme I recommend a nvme ssd like samsung 970 pro.
IT is M.2 NVMe, do some research online you will know. There's also 2 lane PCIe NVMe slot or full 4 lane PCIe slot for NVMe. Something like 970 evo won't be able to use its full speeds if connected to PCIe 2 lane NVMe slot.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
IT is M.2 NVMe, do some research online you will know. There's also 2 lane PCIe NVMe slot or full 4 lane PCIe slot for NVMe. Something like 970 evo won't be able to use its full speeds if connected to PCIe 2 lane NVMe slot.
yeah sorry my bad i didnt check thats m.2 nvme for sure

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
I’m going to purchase Dell P2419H 23.8” 1080p Monitor for 13k on Amazon. Is it a good buy or should I get any other screen or resolution?
My primary work is Data Analysis & Excel with some Gaming.

I’m going to purchase Dell P2419H 23.8” 1080p Monitor for 13k on Amazon. Is it a good buy or should I get any other screen or resolution?
My primary work is Data Analysis & Excel with some Gaming.
Get Acer VG240YP, is 1080p 144Hz IPS with 100% sRGB coverage. Surely the Dell one has a better stand but you can use something to change monitor height, like a book, but you can't add 144Hz or freesync later, considering you do play games.

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Get Acer VG240YP, is 1080p 144Hz IPS with 100% sRGB coverage. Surely the Dell one has a better stand but you can use something to change monitor height, like a book, but you can't add 144Hz or freesync later, considering you do play games.

Do these Displays have automatic brightness enabled like we have in mobile phones because its very soothing for eyes. The True Tone feature in iPhone is in iMac & it’s very comfortable for eyes.

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210424/d9e2d17133f2b557476086275722038d.jpg

Part of upgrade plan: Ordered WD NVMe SSD 1TB for ₹8.6k. Yesterday it was selling for ₹11.50k.

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Next up is the monitor.

I think I will be comfortable with a 27” QHD display that will serve my productivity needs as well as gaming. But the issue I have with me is the furniture. I have this type of furniture which cannot fit in a 27” display. Currently the display is of 18.5” & the table can fit in a 24” display. So for a 27” I’ll have to buy new furniture.

*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210424/15280ea1d35cd6cb0104bb60e082ae4b.jpg

On the other hand, I think a 24” display can also serve my needs as I’m no more a heavy gamer only some light to medium gaming like GTA V, Hitman, Max Payne 3, may be Red Dead Redemption II in the future when Gfx card prices become normal.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
GPU prices won't come down for long time now. Save money until then and so that you can get a new PC table as well. Better to find a local furniture guy and get a custom made table.

Do these Displays have automatic brightness enabled like we have in mobile phones because its very soothing for eyes. The True Tone feature in iPhone is in iMac & it’s very comfortable for eyes.
No, they don't have ambient light sensor. Honestly, I use my monitor at like 70% brightness (i think normal profile) at day & created a user profile for 0% brightness (lowest level), which I use after evening.

Next up is the monitor.

I think I will be comfortable with a 27” QHD display that will serve my productivity needs as well as gaming. But the issue I have with me is the furniture. I have this type of furniture which cannot fit in a 27” display. Currently the display is of 18.5” & the table can fit in a 24” display. So for a 27” I’ll have to buy new furniture.

On the other hand, I think a 24” display can also serve my needs as I’m no more a heavy gamer only some light to medium gaming like GTA V, Hitman, Max Payne 3, may be Red Dead Redemption II in the future when Gfx card prices become normal.
These kind of tables were all the fad a decade ago, now it seems stupid keeping in mind monitor sizes & multi-monitor setups. IMO get a simple table without any restriction on 3 sides of the monitor like that table. I use a 1.1m x 0.7m table that easily fits my laptop + ext monitor side by side. Also I appreciate being able to stretch my leg under the table. Maybe get a wide table with space for printer at bottom (if you have space in your room. Try local shops as suggested earlier.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Next up is the monitor.

I am using a basic Ikea table of 100 cm *60 cm table top (LINNMON / ADILS Table, white, 100x60 cm - IKEA). It can easily fit my 17' laptop as well as a 24" monitor side by side (theoretically) and probably a 27" one instead if I wanted to.

Get something similar at local shops for like 1500 or order from Ikea if they deliver to your pincode.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I am using a basic Ikea table of 100 cm *60 cm table top (LINNMON / ADILS Table, white, 100x60 cm - IKEA). It can easily fit my 17' laptop as well as a 24" monitor side by side (theoretically) and probably a 27" one instead if I wanted to.

Get something similar at local shops for like 1500 or order from Ikea if they deliver to your pincode.
I was planning to get table from Ikea but seems like they don't deliver outside Hyderabad. Man Hyderadab people are so lucky for this.

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
I’m noticing that MS Office is hanging a lot on my desktop. The WD NVMe SSD is arriving tomorrow lets see what it offers. I now regret investing on a Windows PC, the problems just don’t go away. I think the Mac Mini would’ve been the best bet for my current scenario given that I’ve Apple devices everywhere. No worrying about petty issues. For my gaming needs I could’ve invested on a console.

My UPS is also having issues, sometimes it works and sometimes it just shuts off immediately. This after I have replaced the batteries recently with a local supplier.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I’m noticing that MS Office is hanging a lot on my desktop. The WD NVMe SSD is arriving tomorrow lets see what it offers. I now regret investing on a Windows PC, the problems just don’t go away. I think the Mac Mini would’ve been the best bet for my current scenario given that I’ve Apple devices everywhere. No worrying about petty issues. For my gaming needs I could’ve invested on a console.

My UPS is also having issues, sometimes it works and sometimes it just shuts off immediately. This after I have replaced the batteries recently with a local supplier.
If you are on HDD and moving to SSD first time then you are in for a surprise!

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
If you are on HDD and moving to SSD first time then you are in for a surprise!
I've been using a 240GB 2.5" SSD on my laptop running Windows 10. I've noticed much improvement but at the same time the lagging hasn't gone away especially when I put it to sleep mode. Restarting takes away all the data/files opened saved. I've to open them again.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I've been using a 240GB 2.5" SSD on my laptop running Windows 10. I've noticed much improvement but at the same time the lagging hasn't gone away especially when I put it to sleep mode. Restarting takes away all the data/files opened saved. I've to open them again.
weird. How much RAM you have? and how do you put it in Sleep mode?

Top Bottom