Upgrade or New purchase

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
What if I bought a new monitor for my recently renewed desktop? I purchased Ryzen 5 3600, Asrock B450 Pro, 16 GB RAM during lockdown but still using old Philips 18.5" whose texts are not clearer which makes me want to throw it out. I want to primarily use it for productivity apps like excel, word & want it to be a good Gaming monitor as I'll upgrade the GPU in future (currently AMD Sapphire HD 7770). Are there good gaming monitors whose texts are sharp?
I don't understand why my current monitor's text are blurry, its res is 1366*768. Not a FHD monitor.

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Also I would like to add that after switching to AMD, I'm not noticing any major real world usage.. it still takes the same time to boot, load programs and all that. still have to wait a couple of seconds after clicking the start menu in win10 for it to load and shut down or whatever. I'm disappointed at this as the whole tech community is showcasing these processors as some revolution or sort of but to the end user it's all the same.
I hate these reviewers when they compare only on the basis of stupid benchmarks which the end user doesn't care at all.

What if I bought a new monitor for my recently renewed desktop? I purchased Ryzen 5 3600, Asrock B450 Pro, 16 GB RAM during lockdown but still using old Philips 18.5" whose texts are not clearer which makes me want to throw it out. I want to primarily use it for productivity apps like excel, word & want it to be a good Gaming monitor as I'll upgrade the GPU in future (currently AMD Sapphire HD 7770). Are there good gaming monitors whose texts are sharp?
I don't understand why my current monitor's text are blurry, its res is 1366*768. Not a FHD monitor.
Acer VG240YP for 13.5k is a great buy, nothing comes close to it under 15k.

Not sure why you seem to have lost sharpness, is your display getting softer or something, as in panel problem?

Also I would like to add that after switching to AMD, I'm not noticing any major real world usage.. it still takes the same time to boot, load programs and all that. still have to wait a couple of seconds after clicking the start menu in win10 for it to load and shut down or whatever. I'm disappointed at this as the whole tech community is showcasing these processors as some revolution or sort of but to the end user it's all the same.
I hate these reviewers when they compare only on the basis of stupid benchmarks which the end user doesn't care at all.
Difference between a dual core CPU & a 6 core one for light tasks won't be huge. I have personally seen laptop with R3 3200U running almost as smooth as my gaming laptop with a 6 core CPU, but if I open too many apps at once, its CPU & SSD (cheap one) will struggle a bit. For a normal user, a 4 core CPU is more than future-proof enough. If you bought a 6 core CPU for light loads, you are at fault to think it will help. These CPUs are pretty good for high computational tasks, like video editing, graphics/CAD rendering or even gaming.

Are you running OS & apps from a SSD? If so which SSD?

I have seen my friend's system lagging a bit when I open multiple apps at once, like steam + uplay + discord, as BX500 SSD can't keep up with R7 3700X (I see 100% SSD usage in task manager).

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Acer VG240YP for 13.5k is a great buy, nothing comes close to it under 15k.

Not sure why you seem to have lost sharpness, is your display getting softer or something, as in panel problem?

It’s the same as I purchased it originally.. playing games watching videos is ok with it but its below average when it comes to text (excel word)

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Difference between a dual core CPU & a 6 core one for light tasks won't be huge. I have personally seen laptop with R3 3200U running almost as smooth as my gaming laptop with a 6 core CPU, but if I open too many apps at once, its CPU & SSD (cheap one) will struggle a bit.

Are you running OS & apps from a SSD? If so which SSD?

I have seen my friend's system lagging a bit when I open multiple apps at once, like steam + uplay + discord, as BX500 SSD can't keep up with R7 3700X (I see 100% SSD usage in task manager).

No i’m using old HDD but it’s the same experience as earlier Intel Pentium G2010

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Even the latest core i9/ryzen 9 running win 10 on hdd will run slower than pentium G2010 running win 10 on ssd.

Yup, this is exactly happening with me. A windows tab with 64GB SSD and Celeron dual core processor is just taking 7-8seconds to boot, but Ryzen 5 + HDD is taking 50-60 seconds. And that too with all startup apps disabled. Its time to use HDD for storage only and use SSD for boot purposes.

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Yup, this is exactly happening with me. A windows tab with 64GB SSD and Celeron dual core processor is just taking 7-8seconds to boot, but Ryzen 5 + HDD is taking 50-60 seconds. And that too with all startup apps disabled. Its time to use HDD for storage only and use SSD for boot purposes.

Time to shell out more money .

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
How is this monitor? It's a Bestseller on Amazon and that too at the top. It can also be aligned in portrait mode I'm not sure.

*www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07F8XZN69/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A2ZVHS0K6DBUHN&psc=1

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not true 8 bit though:
*www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/4d1d1390

1613758662490.png

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
See what I’m dealing with. My desktop hangs like $#!t.

*share.icloud.com/photos/0tyz_HOln2esYCsDIfA8vvLZw

In my laptop I have Microsoft 365 subscribed for 1PC and original Windows as it came with it .

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
See what I’m dealing with. My desktop hangs like $#!t.

*share.icloud.com/photos/0tyz_HOln2esYCsDIfA8vvLZw

In my laptop I have Microsoft 365 subscribed for 1PC and original Windows as it came with it .
For what i have seen Win 10 heavily requires SSD So i will definately say buy an SSD first and that too m,2 nvme.
You have shelled out so much for your new PC Should've gotten SSD in first place.So buy it now and you will see change in performance.

Top Bottom