Upgrade or New purchase

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
4GB is quite less for Windows 10 may be that's why it is not retaining the data after resuming from sleep mode.
Try this in your new PC, you should not face this problem
My desktop has Ryzen 5 3600 Hexa Core 3.59GHz along with 16GB Corsair RAM single unit. This is running only a bit faster than my laptop. I fail to understand what Windows 10 wants in order to run things smoothly?

TheSloth

The Slowest One
My desktop has Ryzen 5 3600 Hexa Core 3.59GHz along with 16GB Corsair RAM single unit. This is running only a bit faster than my laptop. I fail to understand what Windows 10 wants in order to run things smoothly?
Minimum of 8GB RAM and an SSD.
You are saying you are facing this sleep mode problem even with 16GB RAM?

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
*www.amazon.in/dp/B07XTWQM1G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_W678RFGJPZWPCY6HXSV6
24 inch monitor.

*www.amazon.in/dp/B08B8LBM3S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_DA1JYGKTKMFYRVKHBRKC

What is the budget and tech specs required for the monitor?

Last edited:
*www.amazon.in/dp/B07XTWQM1G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_W678RFGJPZWPCY6HXSV6
24 inch monitor.

*www.amazon.in/dp/B08B8LBM3S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_DA1JYGKTKMFYRVKHBRKC

What is the budget and tech specs required for the monitor?
QHD means 2560 x 1440, FullHD is 1920 x 1080.

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Can anyone help me identify where the hell are the damn M.2 screws? The WD SN550 NVMe SSD didn’t came with it.
Below are the screws of motherboard:

*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210427/ac23b38b1e01ad88b0f1057d3be36971.jpg

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
I just booted up my desktop & noticed that the screen resolution automatically changed to 1024*768 from 1600*900.

Then I changed it myself to 1600*900 but viola! Now I have blackbars above and below on the monitors.

This piece of sh!t operating system never ceases to amaze me.

*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210427/d3c239b6625c305af91c4b8cd5b02425.jpg

God let me do away with Windows forever

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Oh man! Why such a simple installation has to be sooooo complex?
I’m stuck in the Windows ecosystem
Correct screw can be found out by its measurements. Or you can use hit-and-trial method to see which one fits.
I can't magically pinpoint which one is correct from your picture without knowing the scale and knowing why you pulled out all the screws from the motherboard out just for this. The correct one might be one of the two screws in middle left or one of the four smaller screws in middle bottom.

BTW, no ssd or hdd would come with the mounting mechanism (like screws or trays), motherboard oem has to include those.

quicky008

Technomancer
I just booted up my desktop & noticed that the screen resolution automatically changed to 1024*768 from 1600*900.

Then I changed it myself to 1600*900 but viola! Now I have blackbars above and below on the monitors.

This piece of sh!t operating system never ceases to amaze me.

*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210427/d3c239b6625c305af91c4b8cd5b02425.jpg

God let me do away with Windows forever
its strange that you are having so many issues with windows 10-i have installed and used win 10 even on old core 2 duo pcs but didn't run into any such problems.

The typical notion that windows is trash and linux is gold is largely over-exaggerated. Linux may be better than windows in some areas but typing several lines of code into the terminal even for simple tasks like installing programs,configuring hardware etc is a frustrating experience unto itself and not everyone has the time or the patience to put up with something like this.

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
its strange that you are having so many issues with windows 10-i have installed and used win 10 even on old core 2 duo pcs but didn't run into any such problems.

The typical notion that windows is trash and linux is gold is largely over-exaggerated. Linux may be better than windows in some areas but typing several lines of code into the terminal even for simple tasks like installing programs,configuring hardware etc is a frustrating experience unto itself and not everyone has the time or the patience to put up with something like this.

I’m not a linux guy. I’ve been using iOS since 7.5 years and never looked back. Now I want a taste of MacOS.

Top Bottom