upgrade now or wait for next gen gpu?

abuzar

Journeyman
hey guys iam about to buy a graphic card that is gtx 660 but now my frnds says that new 700 series is comming ,so should i wait for that or should i buy now ??

BUDGET- 15k. and if i should buy now sugest me a good gpu at that price. thanks

OP
A

abuzar

Journeyman
post your full config and details about the PSU.

motherboard - intel dh67bl

processor - intel core i5 2500k

psu - coolermster thuder 500 watt

cabinet -iball rider

monitor - acer AL1916W 1440x900 resolution

hardisk - 500gb

gpu - intel hd graphics 300

ram - 4gb

IMO, anything above gtx 650ti is not requiqed at that rerolution. I suggest you to sell that monitor and get hd7850 and a full hd monitor.

IMO, anything above gtx 650ti is not requiqed at that rerolution. I suggest you to sell that monitor and get hd7850 and a full hd monitor.

OP
A

abuzar

Journeyman
dude but gtx 660 is good option if i want to play crysis on high - ultra?

as for monitor i am ok with that resolution .

so , please suggest me which is best for me maximum 15k.

OP
A

abuzar

Journeyman
Get the Sapphire HD 7850 2 GB @ 13.5K and Antec VP430 @ 2.5K ....

iam having total of 15k and can only extend to 16.5k and so i want best performance in games at my resolution so please which is good for me at 1440x900 . 7850hd or gtx 660 keeping my psu in mind.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
GTX 660's power consumption is similar to HD 7870 and HD7850 consumes around 15-20W less but you you don't OC the cpu I think your are good to go with HD 7870 .. Asus HD 7870 DC2 is available at under 16k which is great deal IMO.

OP
A

abuzar

Journeyman
GTX 660's power consumption is similar to HD 7870 and HD7850 consumes around 15-20W less but you you don't OC the cpu I think your are good to go with HD 7870 .. Asus HD 7870 DC2 is available at under 16k which is great deal IMO.

ohk but 7870hd requires 2x6pin power connectors where as my psu is having 1x6 pin connectors is it safe to use molex connectors ?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
so going with 7870 is a legit choice?

just don't OC the gpu ( with your current PSU ) unless you are going for a HD monitor + a NEW PSU .. and a OCable mobo for the cpu you have ;-) Thunder PSu is Ok but may not be a very good choice for OCing as some people say it's a re badged Ext plus psu. Also HD7870 DC2 is a Factory OCed card and has top notch cooler so there's no need for OCing out of the box.

Thunder

Journeyman

Bro‚ can you send me the link of this product where it is available for 16k? I'm also looking for a 7870 and at that price the card is a steal. Cheers :)

OP
A

abuzar

Journeyman
so guyz iam going with 7870 hd ghz edition of sapahire ,but again asking last think is using molex connector safe in my psu coolermaster thunder 500 watt?

and this gpu iam buying,
SAPPHIRE GRAPHICS CARD HD 7870 2GB DDR5 GHz EDITION

and is buying from md safe?

so guyz 7870ghz edition is my final choice but i read somewhere that 7870 is physically a big card so having confused that will it fit in my cabinet iball rider gaming case??

plzz answer!!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ brand and shop choice is good and measure the card's length ( you'll find this with a little searching ) and cabinet's inner length specially from rear side to the end side of the HDD bays - you will get a fair idea.

Bro‚ can you send me the link of this product where it is available for 16k? I'm also looking for a 7870 and at that price the card is a steal. Cheers :)

HD7870 DC2 Under 16k was a quote from someone who has recently paid a visit to the Vedant ... a pc shop in kolkata.

Asus directCU II hd7870 is available for 16.5k at mdcomputers (ASUS GRAPHICS CARD HD 7870 2GB DDR5) and sapphire GHz edition is available for 16.3k (a steal at that price) (SAPPHIRE GRAPHICS CARD HD 7870 2GB DDR5 GHz EDITION).

Top Bottom