Upgrad advice needed. P945GCL TO G41 COMBO ASUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
yes i also think that he can get it exchanged at the dealer & also if he tries he can get something fo his old stuff its better to get rid of the old ones & get a new X3/X4, DDR3 RAM & AM3 MB

OP
M

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
Thanks guys i am buying e5800. Can any let me know any online shop to get the best price . i am seeing more than 3k. Any online site sells at best price including shipping. I saw the cpu passmark says its faster a bit than e7500 c2d but only disadvantage is MISSING SSE4 AND CACHE SIZE PLUS FSB 1066 .

I had a quick question is that possible to run both the cpu and ram at the same speed as i am having both 2gb kingston 800mhz ram and i am going to buy e5800 which is also running at 800mhz . Will the ram can run at full speed as my MB support OC upto 1333. So wouldnt that be a problem running at full speed.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
In simple word - Your Ram and CPU will both run at 800 Mhz speed if you get a e5800.

BTW, if possible get a e5700 at 3k and you can easily OC that to 3.2 Ghz with that mobo

here's a link for e5700 @ 3k ;-)
Link

OP
M

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
But top the price is not big difference just 200 bugs max. I get a based clocked to 3.2 so i use good cooler can go to 3.4/3.6

which one is better TX3 or thermal take basic model.

tx3 at 1.2k
thermal take at 1.5 k.

Hi i had small problem. I tried to hibernate and the system is coming back from hibernate immediately. Actully is there any thing on power mode for s1 or s3, s4 which type does the hibernate comes in . Let me know. I tried many times its goes to hibernate and comes back.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
The cooler answer can be found here ;-)
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/cpu-motherboards/143907-cpu-best-e5800-c2d-7500-a.html

Hibernate mode saves everything from mem to disk and then shuts down the Pc - your comp can't come back from Hibernate mode to normal working state unless you start your comp by pressing the power switch ;-)

What you are seeing is your comp is coming back from Sleep Mode and There could be many reason behind it - most probably the sensor of the optical mouse can be the issue - I know it from personal exp ;-)

S3 is better Sleep mode than S1 an it saves more power and S4 means Hibernate mode - I think that clears out your confusion ;-)

OP
M

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
Yes thanks for the info top. Actually there is a setting in the setup which i set it to s1 so it refused to stay in the hibernate now its clear . its working perfectly.

I had a query on the cooler. Right now the stock is keep the procy at 45 max 50 . Still do i need to invest on a cooler for now. or later i do when OC is required.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
What app you are using to measure temps ? if it's coretemp/realtemp or HWmonitor and if it's showing your cpu's core temp is 45-50C under load then ( which apps you are suing for load testing ? ) I don't think you need to get an after market cpu cooler right now - you are completely safe upto 65-68C core temp but if you intend to OC then I think you should get an aftermarket cpu cooler as with OC cpu speed and volt level might increase as well as heat and performance ;-)

OP
M

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi another issue started i had no idea why this is happening. My pc suddenly today stopped working . Its getting shut of in 10 minutes. Nothing went wrong until i added the 500 gig segate hdd. But it was almost a day and half after which i am recieving this error. I even removed it and tried but still the pc shuts off in 10-15 min. I did the same staying in bios nothing happend after 15 min i went into os and within 5 min after all loaded the pc shuts down. I can restart the pc for alteast 10 min. i had to remove the power switch and reinsert it and then had to plug in or after 10 min gap. Not sure why this happening.

PSU CM 600 EXTREME PLUS
INTEL E5800 3.2GHZ 800 MHZ FSB
ASUS COMBO G41
2*2 DDR2 800 MHZ KINGSTON RAM
80 GIG SEGATE HDD
500 GIG SATA SEGATE HDD
SAPPHIRE HD 5770 1GB DDR5 VRM

thats all parts running with the psu . Hope the psu can run this without any issues.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Cooler Master Extreme /Extreme Plus PSUs are having very bad reputation and in lot of cases they have fallen short to deliver proper wattage with a powerful GPU in the system. So PSU may be an issue. Try to run the system for some times by removing the GPU and using the IGP. Check if the problem is coming or not when the GPU is removed.

saswat23

Human Spambot
Yes, it might be a PSU issue. Try the steps Cilus has aked for. If this doesn't help, then try reinstalling your OS to check if this prob. stops..

OP
M

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
what if after removable of gpu it works correctly. I can surely tell the psu is the problem for shutdown.

Tell me do i need to go for 500 watts for my spec or more than that.

The one i had is issue for some reason i cant rma it.

saswat23

Human Spambot
Its better to get rid of this CM eXtreme PSU. Yes, a 500W PSU will be sufficient for your rig. BTW what's your budget.
These are the options you should look for:
FSP SAGAII 400W -- 1.8k
FSP SAGAII 500W -- 2.1k
Corsair CX-400 -- 2.5k
Corsair CX-430v2 -- 2.7k
Tagan StoneRock 500W -- 3.1k
Corsair VX-450 -- 3.5k
Corsair GS600 -- 4.1k
Corsair VX-550 -- 4.3k

OP
M

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi thankfully the pc is back . I removed the Psu Blown air in it at high speed and then fitted every other component back and then switch on . I also saw that the new HDD is very hot damn hot cant hold in hand. Is that could also be the issue for the shutdown.

Let me know i would be changing the case to nzxt gamma case. with all fans in it. Would that solve the heat issue. Also the dust very worst the pc is getting dust thats the reason i am planning to go for a case which has dust filter.

See here is my psu wattage on full load which is required on gaming scenario.

*www.megapix.com/?p=CU50SFJD.jpg

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ so the shutdown prob now got solved - nice to know that ;-)

if you touch a HDD after immediately shutting down a comp the HDD will feel hot - to know the actual temp of your HDD you should use some temp monitoring app like HWmonitor/HWinfo ;-)

OP
M

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
Thats tru top as i did the same after resizing the partion say it moved 50 gigs apparently. But i asked the support team why the shutdown is happening as i had not faced any issues until i added the hdd . Then they asked if you had tried to see if the problem was gone after removing the hdd. I said yes and it was even there after removing the gpu. But it was not there after blowing the psu with high air and reinstalled the psu to the case.

May be the pc needs some proper cooling and stay away from dust. I know it is the issue. I had already taken action on that by ordering NZXT GAMMA CASE and cooling fans with senetry 2 controller.

Top can you guide me on cable management on the above case as well as setting up the fan controller in the case. i am new to these controllers. I didnt even thought of buying it but this serious issue pushed me to buy one.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
&& To be honest I don't have much exp with fan controllers and cable management iin Gamma - so you better ask some other member who have gamma cabby and for fan controller you can ask asingh - he might be able to help you ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom