Updating FirmWare of 'Nokia 2610'

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddick

Mobile Freak
Hi All!
I have this phone frm last one year n now planning to update it's FirmWare.So guys tell me which Data Cable needed for it? I have PC Suite n NSU installed in my PC :) One more thing,I visit nokia.com/softwareupdate n whn I input product code of phone,it says their is no update available for this model :rolleyes: But I don't trust on it. So I planned it connect it with PC n checks via NSU whether I can update it or not :!: Recently d FW is 03.77 Did anyone has any ideas :idea: THANKS A LOT!

ThinkFree

Technomancer
I don't think that Nokia 2610 firmware can be updated by the user himself. THIS FEATURE is being made available in new phones only. You will have to go to nokia care centre

OP
reddick

reddick

Mobile Freak
NO! there is an data cable for it.I searched eBay n found CA-45 cable of it.I even placed d order n gona gt it within 2-3 days :razz: Gona tell u d results soon ;)

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Even if you manage to connect the phone to your PC successfully you still wont be able to update the firmware as it is not available on NSU..

OP
reddick

reddick

Mobile Freak
How do u know that it is not available @ NSU :oops:
One more thing,Can v FORMAT this phone :?: If yes,then HOW :rolleyes:

K

krazyfrog

1. You cannot update the firmware of this phone. Only service centre guys can. Moreover i seriously don't think there are any firmwares for this phone to update to.
2. You cannot format this phone.
3. Your money on the data cable is as good as been wasted. Next time you feel like blowing up your money, give them to me instead:D.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
reddick said:
One more thing,Can v FORMAT this phone If yes,then HOW

You can restore the phone settings to that which were set when the phone was manufacture by using RESET PHONE SETTINGS in tools menu (must be in phone settings). All the data that you put in the phone would be lost after that

K

krazyfrog

^^ None of the data will be deleted. Only the settings will be restored to factory settings.

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
^^The messages/ringtones get deleted...Also if the contacts are stored in phone memory they too get deleted...

K

krazyfrog

ankurgupta.me said:
^^The messages/ringtones get deleted...Also if the contacts are stored in phone memory they too get deleted...
Nope. That happens in SE phones, not in Nokia phones. The default reset option in Nokia phones only reverts the settings back to their default values. Data like contacts, messages, calendar entries and other such data do not get deleted. However in the cheaper Nokia phones with Composer, the tones in Composer do get deleted.

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?
nahi be i have read it on the net..tht its psible to upgrade firmware urself....but its voids the warranty....eill get back soon

sauravktr

Journeyman
Abe... yaar tune sahi kaha ki it is posible to upgrade firmware urself....but not with this models.....phones comes with SYMBIAN Os like nokia 6680,6681,n72,n73....Is type ke phon ko DKU-2/ca-42 cable se Online firmware update kar sakte hai....

For nokia 2610 u can update the firmware if u have the UFS/AJF flashing kit in ur home....serach google for more of it...This flashing kits are coming with 60-70 special types of data cables....and latest firmwares are available in their sites.....u can download them...

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
^^us kit ko kharidne me to naya Nokia 2610 aa jayega...lol
Anyway thanx for the info...didnt have any clue about it...

K

krazyfrog

I used the older Nokia low-end phones a lot and frequently reset them. But i've not yet reset one of the newer ones. But i'm pretty sure that i'm right. In S40 phones reset does not clear data, only reverts the settings back to default settings. A good way to check this is to go to the reset option in Settings and wait for some time for the help text to appear on screen. Or to read the manual. Both will say that no data is deleted.

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?
sauravktr said:
Abe... yaar tune sahi kaha ki it is posible to upgrade firmware urself....but not with this models.....phones comes with SYMBIAN Os like nokia 6680,6681,n72,n73....Is type ke phon ko DKU-2/ca-42 cable se Online firmware update kar sakte hai....

For nokia 2610 u can update the firmware if u have the UFS/AJF flashing kit in ur home....serach google for more of it...This flashing kits are coming with 60-70 special types of data cables....and latest firmwares are available in their sites.....u can download them...

egxactly........mate..thts wht i was saying:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom