Updated the N97 to the latest firmware yet ?

Ethereal

Broken In
The Nokia N97 received a new update to the version 22 firmware. Have you updated your device yet ? The update brings lots of bug fixes and generally increases the performance as well. I just tried it on my old N97 and it has indeed got much better. Highly recommended update !

GERMZ

Banned
Thanks for the information ! I didnt know about the new firmware version. I'll update my device tonight and will post my impressions regarding the new firmware version !

The Nokia N97 received a new update to the version 22 firmware. Have you updated your device yet ? The update brings lots of bug fixes and generally increases the performance as well. I just tried it on my old N97 and it has indeed got much better. Highly recommended update !

Can you post a change log for the latest firmware..As I'm using CFW and don't want to go for the update until there are any major changes !!

GERMZ

Banned
I found this changelog :

Data package content, corrections or changes :
* Corrections to TOP ~15 issues reported in the field
* OTC cases fixed:
o Wrong Cherry number used in Russia and Spain
o “System error” displayed occasionally at first start-up. Reported e.g. by Vodafone.
Genius cases fixed:
* Contacts performance improvement:
o #144324: Voice dialing not working when there are 2000+ entries stored in Contacts.
o #134637: Phone prompts “Memory full” when searching for names
Localisation & language variant specific:
* #154188: Message editor crashes and writing fails if predictive text input is On. (Arabic UI, v15 language variant)
* #146139: Scrolling to left and right works the wrong way around in Photos – Captured when using Arabic UI
* #147509: QWERTY keypad input does not work correctly with Calculator. (Chinese language variants: v19, v25, v26)
* #139207: “Slide to Answer” localization error (Hebrew)
* #140654: Localisation error in Bluetooth Audio – “Set as (un)authorized” (Czech)
Misc:
* #141675: “Security module error” shown in display occasaionally at start-up
* #147863: Occasionally device hangs and restarts soon after start-up.
* #137558: Device keylock opens (although it shouldn’t) when dialing a number using a carkit. (CK-300, CK-600, also some non-Nokia, factory installed car kits)
Others:
* Default Nokia tune is played as ringing tone for incoming calls instead of the one user has defined in Profile settings. Also sometimes device ahs stopped alerting for incoming calls. Both issues are now fixed.

I found this changelog :

Data package content, corrections or changes :
* Corrections to TOP ~15 issues reported in the field
* OTC cases fixed:
o Wrong Cherry number used in Russia and Spain
o “System error” displayed occasionally at first start-up. Reported e.g. by Vodafone.
Genius cases fixed:
* Contacts performance improvement:
o #144324: Voice dialing not working when there are 2000+ entries stored in Contacts.
o #134637: Phone prompts “Memory full” when searching for names
Localisation & language variant specific:
* #154188: Message editor crashes and writing fails if predictive text input is On. (Arabic UI, v15 language variant)
* #146139: Scrolling to left and right works the wrong way around in Photos – Captured when using Arabic UI
* #147509: QWERTY keypad input does not work correctly with Calculator. (Chinese language variants: v19, v25, v26)
* #139207: “Slide to Answer” localization error (Hebrew)
* #140654: Localisation error in Bluetooth Audio – “Set as (un)authorized” (Czech)
Misc:
* #141675: “Security module error” shown in display occasaionally at start-up
* #147863: Occasionally device hangs and restarts soon after start-up.
* #137558: Device keylock opens (although it shouldn’t) when dialing a number using a carkit. (CK-300, CK-600, also some non-Nokia, factory installed car kits)
Others:
* Default Nokia tune is played as ringing tone for incoming calls instead of the one user has defined in Profile settings. Also sometimes device ahs stopped alerting for incoming calls. Both issues are now fixed.

Thanks for posting this..The last one "* Default Nokia tune is played as ringing tone for incoming calls instead of the one user has defined in Profile settings. Also sometimes device ahs stopped alerting for incoming calls. Both issues are now fixed" was the most stupid bug..I changed my ringing tone as default ringing tone..hope its fixed now !!

OP
E

Ethereal

Broken In
Yeah i noticed that as well. Great to see that it has been fixed. So who else has upgraded to the latest firmware ?

OP
E

Ethereal

Broken In
Thats great Krazzy ! I always had a bit of problem with bluetooth connections but thankfully that has been fixed.

raj_in

In the zone
what are is closest competitors now??
actually my dad thinking of buying one.......

& hows the 5800 in comparision since they have the same proceesor & ram its a lot cheaper
plz dnt say the qwerty :p

romikhan57

Broken In
The firmware update fixed my phone restarting , crashing and hanging problems ! I now love my N97 and think that this update is essential for all N97 users :D

GERMZ

Banned
Yes , this is definitely a must have software update because it improves the performance of the phone greatly in my opinion.

OP
E

Ethereal

Broken In
Hey Guys ! Has anyone else updated to the latest version of the N97 firmware ? v22 firmware brings a huge amount of changes and updates and we would love to hear about it from you ! The update comes HIGHLY recommended...

Top Bottom