Unreal Engine 3 Games Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Post all queries regarding Unreal engine 3 games here like Bioshock,Gears of War,Unreal Tournament 3 etc..

xbonez

NP : Crysis
anyone played demo of bioshock yet?? howz it.
i'm waiting for my broadband plan to get upgraded to 2mbps (hopwefully in a couple of days), then i'll play the full version. muahahaha

Third Eye

gooby pls
xbonez said:
i'm waiting for my broadband plan to get upgraded to 2mbps (hopwefully in a couple of days), then i'll play the full version. muahahaha
I will call it just another fps with over hyped graphics.Game demo is short and gameplay is just above average.

OP
H

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
entrana said:
so, what now?
ya one mo thing release date of gow please
Look here,u'll find the release date of Gears of War(Release Date Nov 6 2007)and many more upcoming titles here-
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67068

xbonez said:
I have the full version of the game.And to be true 2k games showed some fake videos of the in game graphics.The gameplay however is very good.For example u can electrocute an enemy when he/she is in water,send bees flying towards enemies,u can hijack a bot and it'll fight for u,u can enrage an enemy to attack whatever comes infront and even more.I wouldn't give it a good point on graphics as the polygon count has been decreased drastically to improve performance.I am currently in the 3rd stage.

Should i post videos and pics for the game here??Will do if requested.

Last edited:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@Harvik780
dat means u had to reduce the quality drastically to get running on ur 8800?
Then hope how it wud be on my 7600Gt:shock:

OP
H

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
aravind_n20 said:
@Harvik780
dat means u had to reduce the quality drastically to get running on ur 8800?
Then hope how it wud be on my 7600Gt:shock:
No,the game comes default with low polygons.If u have played the demo then when the first time u see the splicer with the sickle u know when u look at the sickle that the polygon count is low(its not even close to being round).And yes,it was noted with everything set to high at 1600*1200.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
BTW it runs butter smooth on my friend's 8800GTS 320MB @1280x1024 all settings high & spewing 60fps constantly.So there,it's a brilliantly coded engine.The game itself is one of a kind.The atmosphere & the water effects are to die for.To complement it we have an excellent background soundtrack.I think I found someone on orkut who had a 7600GT & played it at 1024x768 with rest settings high at playable fps.

OP
H

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Remember turning Force Global Lightning from in game menu on lowers the the graphics quality and not improve it.Read it at gamespot.

OP
H

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
allwyndlima said:
^I heard that the game also takes a performance hit by tuning on this option.:rolleyes:
No turning it off should give a performance hit.Force global lightning forces global static lightning.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Oh I think you misunderstood me.I meant it would take a toll on the performance.;) Anways did you get the collector's edition or the regular copy?

OP
H

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
allwyndlima said:
Oh I think you misunderstood me.I meant it would take a toll on the performance.;) Anways did you get the collector's edition or the regular copy?
I have the steam version.Downloaded via steam.I don't think Bioshock DVD is available in India.

Last edited:

xbonez

NP : Crysis
with my amd athlon 64 3200+, 2gb transcend 400mhz ram in dual channel and ati x1600pro, i'm expecting to be playing it at the lowest gfx levels. so i hopt the gameplay makes up for the low gfx levels.

which would u reccomend : Bioshock or STALKER

OP
H

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
xbonez said:
with my amd athlon 64 3200+, 2gb transcend 400mhz ram in dual channel and ati x1600pro, i'm expecting to be playing it at the lowest gfx levels. so i hopt the gameplay makes up for the low gfx levels.

which would u reccomend : Bioshock or STALKER
Bioshock though will run fine on ur system at 1024*768 resolution with everything set to high but the textures might take longer to load due to which u might see blank textures at some areas of the game(this was also a problem with Gears of war for the XBOX 360).This mainly due to athlon 64 3200+ being a single core processor.

allwyndlima said:
Arrree static lightning is not dynamic that means it uses less power of the video card so Forcing global lightning should increase performance.

These are the unofficial Unreal Engine 3 Games which have been released or are set to release,the info provided might Be incorrect.

Aliens (2009,Gearbox Software)

America's Army 3.0 (2008 )

All Points Bulletin (2008 )

Black Powder Red Earth (TBA)

Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway (Q4 2007,Gearbox Software)

Bioshock (Aug 21 2007,2K Boston/2K Australia)

BlackSite: Area 51 (Nov 5 2007,Midway Austin)

Earth No More (2009,Recoil Games / 3D Realms)

Elveon (TBA 2007,10tacle Studios)

Frontlines: Fuel of War (January 2008,Kaos Studios)

Fury (Oct 9 2007,Auran)

Gears Of war (Nov 6, 2007,Epic Games)

Global Agenda (TBA,Hi-Rez Studios)

Hour of Victory (Sep 24 2007,Midway Games)

Huxley (TBA 2008,Webzen Games)

Medal of Honor: Airborne (Sep 4 2007,Electronic Arts)

Monster Madness: Battle for Suburbia (Jun 12 2007,Artificial Studios,poor
game)

RoboBlitz (Nov 6 2006,Naked Sky Entertainment)

Rogue Warrior: Black Razor (2007,Bethesda Softworks)

Stargate Worlds (TBA 2007,Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment)

Stranglehold (Sep 5 2007,Midway Chicago)

The Scourge Project (TBA 2008,Tragnarion Studios)

Tom Clancy's EndWar (2008,Ubisoft)

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas (Dec 12 2006,Ubisoft)

Turning Point: Fall of Liberty (Q1 2008,Spark Unlimited)

Unreal Tournament 3 (Q4 2007,Epic Games)

The Wheelman (2007,Midway Games)

Last edited:
OP
H

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
entrana said:
harvy how wud u rate bioshock
Well,games do not pass out getting good ratings under me.However if u get a chance,do play bioshock,its worth playing.What bioshock really misses out is in its promise for excellent graphics but what it makes the missing feature fulfilled with is its story line and action and the mean yes and no decision,weather u'll harvest the little sister or rescue her(the story ending depends on it,i think).Coming to the graphics front,what i saw in the uploaded movies was water animation and fluid physics was top notch but when i played it i realized that it wasn't up to the mark.
Giving it 8.5/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom