Unlisting number from Truecaller

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hi Friends,

My cousin wants to unlist her number from Truecaller. She has not registered her number on the Truecaller app ever. I have entered her number multiple times under Truecaller unlist since the past one month but still her number remains on Truecaller. I have unlisted some other number and that number has been removed from Truecaller. What should I do?

Truecalle

Thanks

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Dear Brothers [MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION] [MENTION=105611]bssunilreddy[/MENTION] [MENTION=111848]saikiasunny[/MENTION] [MENTION=273753]Vineet Sharma[/MENTION] Any help here?

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Had the same problem. Tried unlisting many times, but somehow my name kept showing. After that i gave up and don't care anymore.

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
Does your cousin still have truecaller installed on her mobile? If yes, I think uninstalling it, deactivating her account first and then unlisting her number should do it.
The site says that they take upto 24 hours to delete the number from their database, but it is nowhere given whether the number gets listed again if someone else sync their contact list with truecaller, containing the same number which you unlisted at first place. Because if they do list again, it is impossible to unlist the number permanently as any of your cousin's friend, relative etc. might be using truecaller and sync. their contacts all the time.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Does your cousin still have truecaller installed on her mobile? If yes, I think uninstalling it, deactivating her account first and then unlisting her number should do it.
The site says that they take upto 24 hours to delete the number from their database, but it is nowhere given whether the number gets listed again if someone else sync their contact list with truecaller, containing the same number which you unlisted at first place. Because if they do list again, it is impossible to unlist the number permanently as any of your cousin's friend, relative etc. might be using truecaller and sync. their contacts all the time.
She is using that Sim in an old Nokia phone. It's not even a 3g phone. As I mentioned earlier she never used that Sim to register truecaller app.

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
then it means it has been synchronized from some other's contacts to Truecaller, and would almost be impossible to unlist permanently, because there would always be someone who'll sync your cousin's number to truecaller even after your unlisted.
IMO that's exactly what truecaller business is, otherwise they wouldn't be able to create such a big database.

I never used it, but still I have my number there :p
BTW, if I may ask, what problem do you foresee if the number is there? I mean..nobody can go on truecaller and search numbers on the basis of name, location etc. A person must have the number to search for a person.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
then it means it has been synchronized from some other's contacts to Truecaller, and would almost be impossible to unlist permanently, because there would always be someone who'll sync your cousin's number to truecaller even after your unlisted.
IMO that's exactly what truecaller business is, otherwise they wouldn't be able to create such a big database.

I never used it, but still I have my number there
BTW, if I may ask, what problem do you foresee if the number is there? I mean..nobody can go on truecaller and search numbers on the basis of name, location etc. A person must have the number to search for a person.
My numbers were registered on the app. I deleted the app but still they were showing, sync as you mentioned. So, I unlisted them and they were deleted from the database. If anyone enters her name the number can be seen.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
actually it's like this..
when you want to unlist your number. they unlist for you.
your friends (say 100 friends), using truecaller. then truecaller app automatically adds all numbers from "Contacts" to it's cloud.
so, your number again gets added to their list. Instead of unlisting every time try changing name.

You can do one thing change that number's name to Life Insurance or bank related name from registered truecaller app.
This will help you. I tried it for many numbers.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
actually it's like this..
when you want to unlist your number. they unlist for you.
your friends (say 100 friends), using truecaller. then truecaller app automatically adds all numbers from "Contacts" to it's cloud.
so, your number again gets added to their list. Instead of unlisting every time try changing name.

You can do one thing change that number's name to Life Insurance or bank related name from registered truecaller app.
This will help you. I tried it for many numbers.

If you unlist a number, after deactivating it from the app, it doesn't matter how many of your contacts are using Truecaller that number will never be synced to their server until and unless you register that number via their app. I have tried this thing with like 20+ numbers. Even their FAQ's state the same. Their customer support SUCKS. They don't even reply to queries.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
If you unlist a number, after deactivating it from the app, it doesn't matter how many of your contacts are using Truecaller that number will never be synced to their server until and unless you register that number via their app. I have tried this thing with like 20+ numbers. Even their FAQ's state the same. Their customer support SUCKS. They don't even reply to queries.
Did that worked or not??
I think you should try changing name, then tell if it worked or not.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Did that worked or not??
I think you should try changing name, then tell if it worked or not.

It worked for other numbers but not for her number. It is not possible to change name as the app takes the name which is mostly saved by contacts for a person. You cannot tell your many contacts to change your name in their phonebook.
If we were in the US then truecaller would have been sued for millions of $$'s for breach of privacy.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
It worked for other numbers but not for her number. It is not possible to change name as the app takes the name which is mostly saved by contacts for a person. You cannot tell your many contacts to change your name in their phonebook.
If we were in the US then truecaller would have been sued for millions of $$'s for breach of privacy.
You can change name.
Are you using Truecaller?
Open Truecaller, search her number.
Open her profile.
Tap to suggest better name and then change name.

Do it from more than 3 Truecaller accounts.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
You can change name.
Are you using Truecaller?
Open Truecaller, search her number.
Open her profile.
Tap to suggest better name and then change name.

Do it from more than 3 Truecaller accounts.

Did the same from 10 different numbers but the result is the same. I think it's a bug or something or maybe it needs to be done from paid users IDK.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Did the same from 10 different numbers but the result is the same. I think it's a bug or something or maybe it needs to be done from paid users IDK.
You can get modded/cracked/patched apk from osmdroid site..

I tried that from 3 Truecaller ID, worked for me.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
You can get modded/cracked/patched apk from osmdroid site..

I tried that from 3 Truecaller ID, worked for me.

Yaar how many numbers have you unlisted, using the ways that you are mentioning here?
I will try that and will get back to you.

Top Bottom