Unknown device in Device Manager

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Hello Guys. Just noticed I've an Unknown Device in Device Manager. Dont know what it is. "Update driver" fails.
Read on some website that this may be generated by some software. So I restarted my laptop in safe mode. The problem was still there. What to do?

CA50

Cyborg Agent
^ Is this from a laptop? Try installing from the driver disc that you got with the laptop

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
the unknown device may be due to corrupt driver files...
did u used some external devices (plug&play)?

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
I had an unknown device on my 6121tx when I had wiped the HDD and custom installed Win 7. I went on to install almost all the drivers in the SWSetup folder again, installed all the updated ones on top of it, and after a couple of Windows updates and system restarts, it went away.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Is there any part of your laptop which supposed to work & not working?
Test that. There is no other way of telling what exactly is that.

OP
marvelousprashant

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
the unknown device may be due to corrupt driver files...
did u used some external devices (plug&play)?

yes. My old N86. Its micro USB port is broken so sometimes laptop fails to recognize it. How do i remove this from device manager?

Is there any part of your laptop which supposed to work & not working?
Test that. There is no other way of telling what exactly is that.

Everything I know in this laptop is working

CA50

Cyborg Agent
@marvelousprashant, you can download all the drivers related to the laptop, and install those.

Sometimes there are some hardware like card reader, etc. for which you will have to install the drivers

OP
marvelousprashant

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Thanks everyone. Ive uninstalled it. I hope it wont create problems. I've use CC cleaner and various driver update softwares before. Did not help.

Top Bottom