Uninstallation Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

guhanath

Journeyman
Hi,
I have a peculiar problem.My PC config is this.
AMD Athlon 64 3200+(winchestor core)
Win Xp Pro
512 Mb DDR
Asrock k8 combo z mobo
AVG free edition(updated to 25 may)
80 GB seagate

Everything is working fine except these few issues.please help me to solve this.

I have audio players like jet audio,Itunes.whenever i try to uninstall these from add/remove programs it does nothing.In task manager i could see IDriver.hwd running.

I tried easy remove software and found few things strange.
for iTunes the uninstall string points to
c:\program files\common files\install shield\driver\8\intel32\Idriver.exe ..(then some registry value).How come a .exe file is showing as .hwd.I am unable to uninstall.

also some games like Need for speed,tomb raider were unable to uninstall.

2)if i double click a pdf file the file is not opening correctly.it just opens acrobat reader and stops.only if i manually select the pdf file it opens.

3)I have also noted in task manager that a process named "hello21.hwd" is running.what is it?

Is my PC infected with virus??

please help me to resolve these problems

Thanks
Guhan

saROMan

QA Juggler
well bud ..1st of all i chkd google but cudnt find any extension named *.hwd ...also idriver.hwd....sud b idriver.exe ...seems that u r infected with some kinda virus that changes the file extensions.......i will suggest download Spybot/Adaware..update it ..and do a throughout scan of ur system with them...also though AVG is not bad but suggest get some good AV like Kaspersky .....also u can use Online Scanners provided by Panda/Trend Micro....

anandk

Distinguished Member
have to agree with above view. scrub your pc with adaware & microsoft antispyware. avast is, i think a better free anti-virus. try it. :)

*.hwd file extension relates to hollywood presentations. visit
*filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=hwd&Submit3=Go!
*whatis.techtarget.com/fileFormatH/0,289944,sid9,00.html
*www.file-ext.com/h.html

OP
G

guhanath

Journeyman
U

Dear All,
First of all thanks for your replies.I just want to confirm onething.

The IDriver.Exe is unmodified in (c:\program files\common files\install shield\driver\8\intel32\Idriver.exe )

but in taskmanager it displays as iDriver.hwd.

Anyway I will run a full scan today and let you all know.

Thanks
Guhan

OP
G

guhanath

Journeyman
Unistallation problem

Hi all,
Thanks for all your replies.I just want to confirm few things.

I ran a full scan on my system with AVG and MS Antispyware.No virus or spyware detected.I also dont have a internet connection.
But i have downloaded few s/w in browsing centers,written in cd and installed in my PC.

I found these things strange compared to other system.

1.When I play winamp,windows OS creates a winamp.hwd in the folder(where winamp is installed).
2.Some processes in task manager have servicemgr.exe

Today I found that My PC might have infected with win32/Passmail-D virus which affects exe files.
AVG has not detected the virus,only sophos AV has the solution.

IS there any other Free AV to remove the virus??

Guhan

anandk

Distinguished Member
use avast. ithink its better than avg. schedule a boot-time scan.
visit *www.avast.com/

or try bitdefender (use free v7.2 or trial v 8.0).
*www.bitdefender.com/index.php?country_id=52 8)

or best download sophos trial version and use it !!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom