Unacceptable Gamng Performance!

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Check if under CCC MLAA or other AA options are enabled by any chance. That might explain performance hit.

OP
prankie

prankie

D PrankMaster
@ico
No performance gain on other games too.,

#comp@ddict
All settings in catalyst are default and btw, whats the point of getting an expensive card when you cannot enable all bells and whistles.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
At what settings are you playing NFS HP, CoD BO and Assassin's Creed? Resolution I know, but what about the settings?

From your 13k+ GPU Vantage score, your GPU is running completely fine.

btw, Instal Catalyst 11.6 CAP2 - Rage3D

Try using this review as te reference: HIS Radeon HD 6850 1 GB Review - Page 6/32 | techPowerUp

You should be around ~7% slower than 1280x1024.

piedpiper

The Gooo000oooner Way
Default your BIOS settings and then try it. Btw how much space is left on your C: drive? For Windows 7 make sure you have allocated at least 50GB and there should be minimum of 10GB free space left on your C. Get the latest Windows 7 and try formatting again and this time perform a full format of your Hard Disk. Note: Do this as a last resort.

OP
prankie

prankie

D PrankMaster
@ico
NFS HP: Highest setting, with native resoluiton
Assasins creed: Same
COD BO: Native resolution with default settings.

Will install the driver you mentioned, and will try again..

@piedipper

I recently formatted my system, so there is no point doing that again, and I have allocated 80GB to Windows and 50GB is free.

EDIT:
Its Assassins creed Brotherhood not the first Assassins Creed.

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Ran FurMark BurnIn test on native resolution for about 10 min,
avg framerate : 29
Max: 30
Min: 29
Max Temp: 79degrees

Is 10 min enough or do i need to run it longer. and is 29fps ok?

Well i figure the furmark scores are lower.

Check this as a reference.

At your resolution, i.e 1600x900, you should be getting greater than 60fps but your max is 30. Now there's something wrong here imo.

Install latest driver and try furmark once more. If that fails, then rma your card.

OP
prankie

prankie

D PrankMaster
vickybat said:
Well i figure the furmark scores are lower.

Check this as a reference.

At your resolution, i.e 1600x900, you should be getting greater than 60fps but your max is 30. Now there's something wrong here imo.

Install latest driver and try furmark once more. If that fails, then rma your card.

But what about 3D Mark vantage score? It seems to be normal...

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Though lower but are acceptable considering your cpu.

Check this and this for reference again.

But furmark was much lower. Update drivers and retest.

OP
prankie

prankie

D PrankMaster
Updated the drivers as mentioned by ico.. tested furmark.. but there was no improvement.
and i think furmark scores are normal..
plz chk the links below.
FurMark - OpenGL benchmark and VGA Stress Test - Scores | oZone3D.Net
This is the result of my card.

FurMark - OpenGL benchmark and VGA Stress Test - Scores | oZone3D.Net
This is the score of another card running on same resolution but different processor.

Also set the setting of NFS HP to lowest keeping resolution intact, but there was not even single fps improvement!!
So i guess something is limiting gaming performance.

***anyone***

I'm in a mess.. :(

Last edited:

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Can you get a 955 BE or Athlon X4 and test?
CoD BO is CPU dependent than GPU if I recall correctly. and 6850 should give you more FPS definitely.

OP
prankie

prankie

D PrankMaster
I'm arranging temporary motherboard for testing. My gut feeling says there's some prob with it as it always had some issues.. its difficult to arrange Quad core procci, coz I'm living in pune (not my home!) for job, and i don't know anyone who can lend me a processor..
anyways will keep u updated..

Top Bottom