Unable to update from phone

Imperial_Raj

Broken In
Hello everyone. After a long time I'm back to the forum and again, with a problem. Actually I own a Nokia 5233 at v40.1.003. I'm trying to update the firmware to v50 but it only gives and option of 'Update from PC' and on clicking it, it tells me to go to Nokia India - Device Software Update. I've updated the phone previously from the phone itself but this is the first time I'm getting this option. I can't access internet on my PC and www.nokia.co.in/softwareupdate doesn't open properly in my browser, so I cant update the phone now.
So, is there any way out as to how I can update my phone from the built-in software itself or any from any other place, because now my phone has started troubling me a lot :( and I want to update it a.s.a.p.

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
do a system restore & setup a fresh access point & try again. if you can update from pc, try nokia ovi suite.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@Imperial_Raj: Is the v50 version released for 5233.bcoz I also use 5233.
now to update from PC.download the Nokia tool know as "Nokia Software Updater"
from here

OP
Imperial_Raj

Imperial_Raj

Broken In
do a system restore & setup a fresh access point & try again. if you can update from pc, try nokia ovi suite.

Thanks, but could you please explain the process in detail, because I really can't understand the process.
And for Ovi Suite, I can't acces net on my pc so it is very unlikely that I update this way, unless I visit a cyber cafe or some other such place.

@Imperial_Raj: Is the v50 version released for 5233.bcoz I also use 5233.
Yeah, it is released and it is quite good an update bringing some much awaited features.
And for pc download of firmware, I've already told that do not have proper net access on my pc right now.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Thanks, but could you please explain the process in detail, because I really can't understand the process.

i don't own a Nokia smartphone but this is the usual process of fixing connectivity problem in mobile space. maybe Zangetsu sir can help you.

all you need to do is reset the mobile (or if you can master clear) using some code. if you do master clear, then all access points in the browser setting should get deleted. then setup a new access point for your service provider & then try.

OP
Imperial_Raj

Imperial_Raj

Broken In
ok so now i'm not planning to update but to install a cfw into my device. So anyone has any suggestions or advices regarding that. I'm planning to install ExtreMe^1 C6 Ultimate on the pnht forums.

Top Bottom