unable to shutdown my pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaibhav_g88

Right off the assembly line
i am using windows xp professional(SP-2),my problem is dat,when i click on the turnoff button,it shows no option of shutdown or standby or restart and neither the machine gets shutdown.

plz help me......................
thx in advance.

PirateAccess

Broken In
Delete this file if found:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Temp\MswService.exe

Search for mswservice.exe and delete all instances of it if found.

Go to Start->Run and type in regedit[COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=Verdana,Arial,helvetica,Tahoma,Trebuchet MS,sans-serif][COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=Verdana,Arial,helvetica,Tahoma,Trebuchet MS,sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] and hit OK. Go to File->Export and save the registry somewhere as a backup. Close the registry editor[COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=Verdana,Arial,helvetica,Tahoma,Trebuchet MS,sans-serif][COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=Verdana,Arial,helvetica,Tahoma,Trebuchet MS,sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] now. Go to Start->Run and type in notepad [COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=Verdana,Arial,helvetica,Tahoma,Trebuchet MS,sans-serif][COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=Verdana,Arial,helvetica,Tahoma,Trebuchet MS,sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR]and hit OK. Then copy and paste the following into Notepad:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
"NoClose"=dword:0000000

"NoLogOff"=dword:0000000

"NoRun"=dword:00000000

Save the file as "delete.reg". Make sure to save it with the quotes. Close Notepad. Double click on the delete.reg file and choose Yes to merge/add it to the registry. You may delete the file afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom