Unable to read DL Dvds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiphos

Right off the assembly line
Hi All

My DVD writer, Lite-on LH20A1P is unable to read DL DVDs supplied with Digit. Thing is, everything else works perfect, and the thing is supposed to Write everything (and ergo read):confused:

My other drive (An LG combo) is able to read them though.

Scrutiny reveals that the lite-on has no region selected, while the lg has region 1 selected.

Could this be the problem? since i'm allowed only 5 region changes, i dont wanna fiddle around much.

Cheers
Xiphos

ok ok no problemo folks...just a firmware upgrade did it...turns out i was rolling it back instead of updating it. Sorry for the fire alarm:rolleyes:

Last edited:
hi there
I am having the same problem with lite-on dvd-rw.

I updated the f/w to "klon", latest available on site.
Which version are u using?

The DL dvds are getting detected now, but when I explore through the digit dvds(the problem is not limited to Digit) same problem arises for most of the portions especially the folders having the real stuff, dvd drive starts making hissing and clicking sounds and dont respond and fails to read.

In short I can only see what it contains but can't execute or copy files, for some files even the icons can't be retrived.

Plz tell me are u facing same problem,

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Yea .. me to faced the same problem with many DL DVD's , finally replaced it as it was under warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom