Unable to open websites/webpages

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
I am unable to open: Welcome to Indian Railway Passenger reservation Enquiry
Lenovo - Laptops, Notebooks, Netbooks, Desktops, Computers & Accessories - Singapore (SG)
Cooler Master - Leading Provider of Computer Case | Cooler | Power Supply
Lynx Chandigarh - Largest Audio , Electronic And Computer Online Superstore In India

The message is shown as:
waiting for Lenovo - Laptops, Notebooks, Netbooks, Desktops, Computers & Accessories - Singapore (SG)...
and ultimately

Reload this web page later.
Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET): The connection was reset.

I can download other open source/free softwares(in volumes),and be able to open most of the websites and their pages.
Please,Help.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Please check your net speed here and post your results-
Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test

and also your full config?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ Op - you ar only unable to open 4 above mentioned websites only ??

Answer this questions :

1. What type of Internet connection you are using ?
2. Are you browsing from a pc or a from a portable device ?
3. What browser you are using and what's the version of the browser ?
4. Are you facing the prob in accessing those website in a particular time period or always ?

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

Please check your net speed here and post your results-
Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test

and also your full config?

CPU: AMD AthlonX2 4200+ (Socket AM2);
Motherboard: Biostar TA785GE 128M (Socket AM2+)
RAM: 3GB from KINGSTON
GPU: XFX HD Radeon 4650 GDDR2
HDD: Seagate 250GB + 500GB
Monitor: VIEWSONIC VA1703wb (17" TFT LCD)
Speakers: I-Ball Tarang 2.1
Cabinet: I-Ball i441
PSU: 530W from AEROCOOL(E78-530)
Modem: WA3002-g1 ADSL+ from UTSTARCOM
Keyboard+Mouse: GENIUS KB210
UPS: I-Ball Nirantar 630vA

Also try other browsers.

I've tried with Google chrome,Firefox,Opera,Konqueror all in its latest version.But problem still persists.

@ Op - you ar only unable to open 4 above mentioned websites only ??

Answer this questions :

1. What type of Internet connection you are using ?
2. Are you browsing from a pc or a from a portable device ?
3. What browser you are using and what's the version of the browser ?
4. Are you facing the prob in accessing those website in a particular time period or always ?

1. BSNL DataOne Broadband . Plan ULD 900.
2. I am browsing from my own PC.
3.I am using Firefox-6.0.2; Chrome-15;Opera-11.51
4. I am able to enter into lenovo.com(but unable to access any futher webpages). But for Indian Railways website,coolermaster website and lynx-india website,it is always inaccessible.I cannot enter into those websites.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Try changing your default DNS to Google's DNS.
Link: Using Google Public DNS

At first the steps may seem overwhelming, but believe me, you just have to enter an IP address in a text box. But do note, whatever was written down before, since you may want to revert back to it later.
And see if the problem persists.

zakisback

Right off the assembly line
can any one help me to get in blocked sites of my college network?

in my college all sorts of social networking, vehicles, hacking based sites have been banned!

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ You can try using Proxies. Google it.
But remember, if you are caught using proxy, it would be bad for your record! Don't blame us then!

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

Try changing your default DNS to Google's DNS.
Link: Using Google Public DNS

At first the steps may seem overwhelming, but believe me, you just have to enter an IP address in a text box. But do note, whatever was written down before, since you may want to revert back to it later.
And see if the problem persists.

I did according to instructions on the link.
Problem persists.
Now, I am unable to open:
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, Laptops, Electronics, HDTVs, Digital Cameras and More!

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

what does this have to do with the problem :lol:

he is able to surf other websites

That's right Piyush.But problems are occurring,by having the web-sites opened half or not opening at all.
In case of the opening web-sites/pages,there seems to be no obstruction,and I can move into deeper levels...

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I did according to instructions on the link.
Problem persists.
Now, I am unable to open:
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, Laptops, Electronics, HDTVs, Digital Cameras and More!

So does that mean, now you can open the sites which previously you couldn't?

Also, how can a website be loaded just "half".
Now, I seriously think, as thetechfreak suggested before, to check your speed at speedtest.net and post the results here.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think OP's pc is infected with malwares - he should perform virus and spyware scan with some good AV and use some other browser.

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

I think OP's pc is infected with malwares - he should perform virus and spyware scan with some good AV and use some other browser.

@topgear, as of writing this reply thread I'm using Ubuntu-11.04(64-bit)(NATTY NARWHAL).
Problem is still there.
In case of Windows,I've AVG Anti-virus(Free version) loaded,along with Spybot- Search& Destroy,Anti-Malware(from 2 to three vendors such as Emisoft),Anti-rootkit,Anti-spyware, Zone Alarm Firewall all successfully set-up and configured.Obviously the FREE versions.

I've run the above mentioned application tools,all of which showed my system clean after running.

The problems are occurring in the Fedora-15(64-bit) OS system also...which I've installed and successfully run in a separate partition of HDD.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ OK - you are facing the same issue with two different OSes and there's no malware in your PC - it must be some prob with th dns setting then.

BTW, give it a shot - download and install opera and try it's turbo mode - and try accessing those websites again ;-)

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

I have opera-11.51 installed,and successful run with opera TURBO enabled.
But everything in VAIN.

My speedtest data:
*www.speedtest.net/result/1493682975.png

Please, HELP me.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
I am unable to open: Welcome to Indian Railway Passenger reservation Enquiry
Lenovo - Laptops, Notebooks, Netbooks, Desktops, Computers & Accessories - Singapore (SG)
Cooler Master - Leading Provider of Computer Case | Cooler | Power Supply
Lynx Chandigarh - Largest Audio , Electronic And Computer Online Superstore In India

The message is shown as:
waiting for Lenovo - Laptops, Notebooks, Netbooks, Desktops, Computers & Accessories - Singapore (SG)...
and ultimately

Reload this web page later.
Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET): The connection was reset.

I can download other open source/free softwares(in volumes),and be able to open most of the websites and their pages.
Please,Help.

It is quite obvious that you have a virus. Try the USB modem on another system. Also re-install the driver and connectivity software.

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

^^I've already mentioned in my previous thread,that I cannot open those same websites/webpages from within Fedora Core-15(64-bit).

There, I'm using Firefox-7(beta), Chrome-15, Epiphany(latest version),Konqueror(latest version) as web-browsers.
I also have the "clamav" anti-virus installed(with regular updates),onto my Fedora System.I've run the antivirus,and the report showed everything in the system "clean".

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ if possible try these :

1.Try accessing those sites from some friend's place who has the same net connection as you.
2.What modem/router do you have - manufacturer and model name/no ?
3.Try connecting to the net from your PC using a mobile/cell phone as modem.
4.Try accessing those sites.

Top Bottom