Unable to Install any AV or run Online Scans

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumeet singh

Broken In
Hi ppl,

Recently my laptop started with weird problems...

Task Manager was disabled.. Avast AV stopped coming in tray bar and was also unable to access it manually....

Fixed Task Manager (Googled it) :
Click on Start, Run and type the following command exactly and press Enter

REG add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Pol icies\System /v DisableTaskMgr /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

That was fixed however Avast was not showing up.. wanted to run scan however was unable as Avast not working.. Tried updating and repairing from Add/Remove programs, no joy... So finally uninstalled it...

Tried to run online scans but unable to run any....

Installed "Hijack This".. unable to run.. gives error: windows unable to access the specific path or file or ext. .. u may not have appropriate permission to access the file..

Tried Panda AV also.. It installed (With some errors like unable to rename some files) but failed to run..

Ran combofix... it deleted some stuffs...

Tried installing other AV and anti-spyware, adware, malware... but everytime getting error related to unable to change name of some files

BTW, Panda is uninstalled now... and safe modes not working.. whenever I try safemodes, get blue screen and system restarts...

Win XP SP2
Compaq M2000

What to do??

Help:?

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Only remaining option is formatting ur sys, as I can see u've done pretty much everything that can be done.

After new OS (xp?) installation, keep these as protection:-
AVG8/Avira free edition+Adware Free edition+Malwarebyte's antimalware

//my 1000th post :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom