Unable to boot into recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Hi,

I use a Dell XCD28 phone. I updated ClockworkModRecovery to the latest version (5.0.2.7) via ROM Manager. Now I am unable to boot into recovery. When I try to boot, the phone gets stuck at the splash screen and nothing happens hence forth. I want the older version (version 3 something) back. How do I got about this now?

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
There is a problem. In order to flash the stock Rom, I still need to boot into recovery. Which I am unable to do.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I have an older version of ROM Manager with a older recovery, but I am unable to run it. It force closes on while starting.

Edit: The older recovery is CWM version 3.x something.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
if you can grab the boot image of a new/old recovery, you may try changing the corrupted recovery yourself somehow.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Flashing Custom Recovery:. Same process should allow flashing of the old recovery. Try the process listed using terminal.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Flashing Custom Recovery:. Same process should allow flashing of the old recovery. Try the process listed using terminal.

Reading...

i guess you have to tpt

What's tpt?

Update : How do I setup ADB? Typing on my phone is a *****, so using Terminal Emulator will be a cumbersome procedure.
Posted via Mobile Device

Update: I setup adb and fastboot on my lap. Now, when I try to put the phone into fastboot i.e. press power + Vol up, the dell logo comes and the red led is on. When I connect the phone to the lap, the phone shows up as "Android" in device manager. Windows is unable to find the fastboot interface driver for it, or perhaps it is not a valid fastboot device at that moment. ADB can detect it when the phone is on.
Posted via Mobile Device

Update: Sam, I tried your method of flashing via the ADB shell as you've shown in your link. This is what I get:
*i.imgur.com/K8jWp.png
Posted via Mobile Device

Does this mean that the problem is because I am out of internal storage?
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Fixed : I rebooted my phone and ran flash_image again. This time it flashed without any problems and I am able to boot into recovery. Thanks a lot guys. I will now try to flash a ROM and see if it works.

Please don't close this thread yet.

PS: I did not have to rename the file.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Installed MIUI rom on my phone. It indeed works. Thanks for all your help.

You may now close this thread.
Posted via Mobile Device

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom