Ubuntu Live Cd Not Opening After Splash Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayushman9

Journeyman
I RECENTLY GOT THE UBUNTU 6.07 LTS BY POST

AS InSTRUCTED I CHANGED THE boot priority to cd the cd loads perfectily and i even checked it for errors but there were none howver when i choose start or install ubuntu ( language -- english ) it first show the normal loading boot screen then it starts to load the live enviorment

while loading a marron background with a mose pointer come then a splash screen wrriten ubunutu appears after that small icons one of them windows manager and consecutive 2 icons appear . In this situtio the cd is being continuesly read and hard disk is being monitored as indicated by continues LED

AFTER THE PC JUST HANGS ON THAT CURRENT SITUATION WITH NO FURTHER
MOVEMENT BUT THE PC KEEP ON WORKING AND MAKING NOISES AND IT HANGS ON THAT SITUTION FOREVR

WHAT SHOULD I DO

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
@Ayushman9, Post your PC configuration first. Also do you have a onboard GC?
Also Ubuntu Live CD loads slowly with 256 MB RAM. If you have 512 MB RAM, it
will definitely load faster.

ray|raven

Think Zen.
Try booting in safe-graphics-mode.
some of my friends with amd systems had trouble with normal booting.

OP
ayushman9

ayushman9

Journeyman
sorry for late responding

celeron 601 MHZ , RIVA TNT 2 , 128 MB SD RAM , MOTHERBOARD - A KOBIAN ONE DON'T KNOW EXAT

IF UPGRADE NEEDED WHAT SHOULD I DO

ALSO PLEASE TELL ME SITES EHERE THE ISO FILES OF LINUX DISTRIBUTION ARE IN COMMPRESSED FORMAT AS MINE IS POST PAID BROAD BAND ABOUT 24KBPS

Last edited:
S

sariq

The desktop CD allows you to try Ubuntu without changing your computer at all, and at your option to install it permanently later. This type of CD is what most people will want to use. You will need at least 192MB of RAM to install from this CD.
you should install from Alternate install CD
Ubuntu 6.10

your system will run very slow on ubuntu, better you install Xubuntu (ubuntu with XFCE desktop) it is lighter than ubuntu (which is with gnome desktop).
download from Alternate install CD
Xubuntu 6.10

cool_dude_prav

In the zone
first of all, Ayushman, plz remove the Caps Lock... its like ur shouting!!!!

secondly, i answered ur question on where to get distros in ur other thread itself...

regarding ur PC config.it actually is less than the 256MB ram that is the minimum requirement for ubuntu...

so go for either the alternate as sariq said above, and prefer XFCE to all other DEs and finally, go for smaller linuxes like Puppy Linux, it will run better!!! and also avoid Live Distros, instead install them and then use it...

PS: Its 6.06 and not 6.07 ;)

Edit:

I just saw that u were ready for upgrades...

if then go for better RAM,say 512MB and if needed a graphics card as well, as nowadays, Linux looks cool with the new XGL 3D Desktop switcher 8) :cool:

*linuxreviews.org/features/3ddesktop/3ddesk--goto-2-small-i.png

Last edited:

DR RANJAN

Broken In
my computer have same config. as ayushman. plz suggest me some easy to install & use. I am usin airtel gprs connection with nokia 3220.
I got mandriva mini cd2006 with DIGIT mag. Is this good for me
I am waiting for yours reply.........

ray|raven

Think Zen.
if u want it to be easy,
i suggest going for Xubuntu.

however if ur not too new to linux and are willing to undergo some learning,
i suggest Zenwalk,its based on slackware and is amazing on older systems.
its way faster when compared to Xubuntu.
however bear in mind its no where as easy for a person new to linux as [X]Ubuntu.

Regards...
ray.

DR RANJAN

Broken In
yes, I am new to linux OS , just little knowledge of dos.I am excited ......to use linux.
does XUbuntu support multimedia & Internet(gprs)???
give some link plz
thanx in advance

ray|raven

Think Zen.
Yes you can play all multimedia and also connect to gprs using Xubuntu.
However multimedia codecs arent bundled with xubuntu because of legal reasons.

Refer to this thread to enable multimedia:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30367

i dont know how u can use gprs on ubuntu but i know its possible.
there are many threads in this forum regarding it and you may find your answer in one of them.

Regards...
ray.

ray|raven

Think Zen.
You can find the Xubuntu Desktop guide here.
*help.ubuntu.com/6.10/pdf/xubuntu/C/desktopguide.pdf

You dont need to 'learn' to use Linux.
Distro's such as Xubuntu are very easy to use, you should just get accustomed to their environment.
As far links are concerned follow the community forums of the distro you use along with our forums.

Regards...
ray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom