Ubuntu Gutsy to be released today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

skghosh44

dig_boy_dig,dig !
Today when, I am eagerly waiting for Kubuntu to download. For download which will be better direct from their sites or utorrent ??

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
I think am gonna download Kubuntu first too, I wanna jump on to the KDE4 betawagon :p But I'd need more disk space to keep Ubuntu stable running as well, for work ... :confused:

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
People going going crazy, ubuntu.com site gown down again & again
ubuntu.com changing again & again now it show 0 days to go lol

come join #ubuntu-release-party and experience the madness's
:D

if anyone wants check
torrent.ubuntu.com:6969
*releases.ubuntu.com/7.10/

ArZuNeOs

In the zone
for me ubuntu is released only when i lay my hands on the cd from ship it.....lol

i will wait anyway i am gonna dld DVD & seed it as usual

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
Why so much hype? Never seen any other distro like this.... is it that Ubuntu is really doing a good job or it's just the people?

Actually.... I think I will see for myself. Have to downloa......

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
aditya.shevade said:
Why so much hype? Never seen any other distro like this.... is it that Ubuntu is really doing a good job or it's just the people?

Actually.... I think I will see for myself. Have to downloa......
Come to #ubuntu-release-party and see your
at ubuntu.com there are Tons of people on the poor site

The main thing there is so much hype just before the release, image what after it ?? :D

Poor server, Torrents is best to download Ubuntu now:)

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
you have to use it to find out.

I ordered 30cds and They approved them all and sent for shipment.Gonna distribute them in my college(along with how to install and what is linux guide).
Die windows die.

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
^^ I have used the 6.06 and 7.04 versions. I did not find anything spectacular. For me, it is same as any other mainline distro like openSUSE, PCLOS, mint....

Anyways... Still not available for D/L

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
@ird: noooo they have sent for shipment 4-5 days ago....I hope they will reach me soon(maybe a week).

people at ubuntu forums going crazy.

again die Vista die.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
aditya.shevade said:
^^ I have used the 6.06 and 7.04 versions. I did not find anything spectacular. For me, it is same as any other mainline distro like openSUSE, PCLOS, mint....

Anyways... Still not available for D/L

Well Diffrent people Think diffrent, many people like it including me but if you like then no problem.

you can still use other distro or even windows

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
forum says 30mins to go.

do you guys think gutsy can provide serious competition to Vista?can it make people using vista revert to Linux platform(forget gaming for a while as not all people have PCs just for gaming)

Hardy Heron Alpha 1 is Nov 29th.

Last edited:

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
^^ I am wondering why people have not shifted yet... I had a little experience with Vista on my friends' Laptop with C2D and 1G DDR2... it sucks... damn slow....

They should have shifted to *nix as soon as vista was released.

@Garry... I never said I don't like it. I do like it. I just cannot understand the excitement of people over this.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
aditya.shevade said:
^^ I am wondering why people have not shifted yet... I had a little experience with Vista on my friends' Laptop with C2D and 1G DDR2... it sucks... damn slow....

They should have shifted to *nix as soon as vista was released.

@Garry... I never said I don't like it. I do like it. I just cannot understand the excitement of people over this.
^^^
its because people have been waiting for months altogether

Its out now!
*releases.ubuntu.com/7.10/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom