Ubuntu Edgy problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

saurabh.sauron

Ambassador of Buzz
i am facing problems while installing from the ubuntu disc. i press start or install ubuntu. then it starts the usual loading process and then hangs up. i am not able to install it via synaptic or command line also, are there any other methods to install what can be the cause of my problem. can edgy be installed via command line?
pls help.
thnx

The Outsider

Beneath The Eyelids
never did it myself, saw a tutorial though, looks simple + yeah if desktop cd fails thats the recommended solution.

i'm too downloading , only 22% done :(

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Hmm.. try starting in safe graphics mode. Otherwise as Chester suggested, download the alternate CD, that wont fail!

OP
saurabh.sauron

saurabh.sauron

Ambassador of Buzz
i tried safe graphics mode but that didn't help. now downloading alternate CD. i think that canonical should make it optional to have graphical installation. i prefer the command line that was there in hoary and breezy. i never faced this problem in dapper. maybe coz it is due to my low end rig.

praka123

left this forum longback
it is available with ur edgy cd,see the last option while in boot screen,ie,other boot options...try giving the normal debian parameters available or may be already in cd menu.it may have got stuck due to non supported video card.or alternately u can move into other virtual terminal and edit /etc/X11/xorg.conf.

what is your hardware..post it

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
saurabh.sauron said:
i am facing problems while installing from the ubuntu disc. i press start or install ubuntu. then it starts the usual loading process and then hangs up. i am not able to install it via synaptic or command line also, are there any other methods to install what can be the cause of my problem. can edgy be installed via command line?
pls help.
thnx

wel till dapper , ubuntu live cd didn't work with my DRU 820A , but edgy works fine wven though it drags , i suggest you download the alternate installer cd n install using it .

mAYHEM

Journeyman
I am also having this problem after the startup screen the screen goes blank with a blinking cursor.

OP
saurabh.sauron

saurabh.sauron

Ambassador of Buzz
i downloaded the alternate edgy cd and everything works perfectly now. from now on, i am going to download the alternative only. i like the text based installation.

also, i cant use users and groups from the administration menu. is it a new feature that denies access to a normal user (even sudoers) to users and groups?

praka123

left this forum longback
saurabh.sauron said:
also, i cant use users and groups from the administration menu. is it a new feature that denies access to a normal user (even sudoers) to users and groups?
it should work.type "sudo users-admin" it will popup.may be the menu 4 users and grops are not added properly.check by launching "alacarte" menu preferences.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
@Saurabh.sauron, You must type the following command:

$ gksu users-admin

It should work now. Try it!!

mAYHEM

Journeyman
Anyone installed Ubuntu from hard disk.I am able to get the installation started but when it scans the partition for iso files it cant find any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom