Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Who Cares? ;-(

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Satissh S

Youngling
Well.. Here is a humorous bug, at Launchpad, All you FOSS fanatics out there, take OATH to rectify this bug, TODAY!
BUG No1 (Launchpad) :) ;)

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
I'm also writing a bugfix for this critical flaw in Ubuntu. I do hope i shall be able to distribut the patches to people here around.

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
I know hundreds of people working on a patch to this bug. (including Me). Hope it will soon be rectified.

OP
Satissh S

Satissh S

Youngling
Let the bug be removed soon, it's important to clense the minds more than anything else to remove this flaw.

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Lol .... May I know what are these "bugfixes" ... :p . .. ?

You know what .. To "fix this bug", Ubuntu need to target those users who get Windows preinstalled on their systems .. And .. and .. And .. The schools .. yeah .. the school where kids first get the taste of using computer .. If they get to use Unix from the start, they will grow up to be a *nix loyal .. :p

OP
Satissh S

Satissh S

Youngling
You are right batty, the organisations such as schools and colleges need to understand that there is a better alternative. For that Govt. must take a good step forward. I have come to know that even our president is advocating Free Software policy, so the bugfix is near..
To invest a 7k for each computer in govt. schools is foolishness when better software is available. With FOSS Sub 7k pc can then become a reality.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
I've fixed that bug on my system a long time back and trying to show that bug to some of my friends who do care a bit about it.

OP
Satissh S

Satissh S

Youngling
The bug is not about individuals friend, but it's on a larger scope. Most of us here have rectified the bug on their home. Apart from our homes, I think it's time for us to give back sumthing to FOSS :)

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Well satish I agree its not about one or two people. But, we have to make small starts. Remember drop by drop forms the ocean. I can go on making my friends and people close to me aware so the bug can be removed in long term.

OP
Satissh S

Satissh S

Youngling
What about conducting a rally, in each of major cities to advocate FSF and FOSS? Or atleast all of us on one major city? Mumbai perhaps..Clearly we cannot achieve this as an Individual..

praka123

left this forum longback
if u put a rally they will think it for some political jathaas or something against bhrashtaachaar..Leave that idea..@tleast make our houses free of this BUG! :D make our new generation knowledge locked regarding wingoose and Bill the cat,so that they have no choice but GNU/Linux or OSS softwares.. :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom