ubuntu 8.04 reinstallation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

yaikhomba1963

Right off the assembly line
hi m new to ubuntu n my problem is that i had my system with hardy running but problem came when i tried reinstall due a problem in the windows partition. wen i try to reinstall it goes fine up to the manual partition stage but after that wen i click install button it goes back to the partition stage again. i hav tried formatting the whole hard disk but no solution so can u pliz help me in this.

OP
Y

yaikhomba1963

Right off the assembly line
i use ext3 wit file jounaling but wat my fren said is that he too had the same problem but the matter was solved with ext2 file system. as i have told before that there is no problem till the manually partition of hard disk stage. so after selecting the ext3 with jounaling and trying to install the process goes back again to the hard disk partition stage, and doesnt allow me to go ahead with the installation. i hav tried formatting the whole of the hard disk by reinstalling win XP but the problem still persist. i have not tried with ext2 but i think i sud not b having a problem with ext3. pliz help me out........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom