Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon) Tribe 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
*www.imgx.org/pfiles/848/ubuntu.pngThe fourth Alpha release of the upcoming Ubuntu 7.10 (codename Gutsy Gibbon) was released last night. Tribe 4 comes with many new features and improvements, fast user switching, new shutdown splash and an improved desktop search tool: “The Ubuntu developers are hurrying to bring you the absolute latest and greatest software the Open Source Community has to offer. Gutsy Gibbon Tribe 4 is the fourth alpha release of Ubuntu 7.10, and this alpha release brings a host of excellent new features.”
What’s new in Ubuntu 7.10 Tribe 4?
  • GNOME 2.19.6
  • Desktop search with Tracker
  • Fast user switching
  • Deskbar applet
  • OpenOffice.org 2.3
  • AppArmor by default
  • Smooth shutdown splash
What’s new in Kubuntu 7.10 Tribe 4?
  • Restricted Manager
  • Qt 4.3.1
  • Edubuntu KDE
  • Dist upgrade with Adept
  • KMail and GPG
  • KDE 4 Beta 1
  • OpenOffice.org 2.3
What’s new in Xubuntu 7.10 Tribe 4?
  • Artwork Updates
  • Ebox - network services control tool
Ubuntu 7.10 release schedule:
  • June 7th - Tribe CD 1 (first alpha release)
  • June 28st - Tribe CD 2 (second alpha release)
  • July 19th - Tribe CD 3 (third alpha release)
  • August 9th - Tribe CD 4 (fourth alpha release)
  • August 23rd - Tribe CD 5 (fifth alpha release)
  • September 6th - Tribe CD 6 (sixth alpha release)
  • September 27th - Beta Release
  • October 11th - Release Candidate
  • October 18th - Final Release
Download :Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon) Tribe 4

OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
^^ Gusty Gibbon.. Since Ubuntu mainly take words from africa so here you go ;) Gusty means Blowing swirling ... While Gibbon is a species of Monkey ;) SO a Jumping monkey is what GG is :p I mean they jump with gr8 power to give best OS experience :D like/with an energy of monkey ;)

vish786

"The Gentleman"
Lol... and wat about this

4.10 Warty Warthog
5.04 Hoary Hedgehog
5.10 Breezy Badger
6.06 Dapper Drake
6.10 Edgy Eft
7.04 Fiesty Fawn

and wat do these name mean ? :D

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
@Shashwat Pant: By seeing at the features you posted I cant see any details regarding performance update. Can you please post some details regarding Core changes/Performance updates?

I have some issue when resuming from Hibernate in 7.04, Was it a known issue also file search is not that good as I had expected. I hope there will be major improvement with Gusty. :)

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
You might find this wiki page a bit resourceful in your quest for the code name's meanings:
*wiki.ubuntu.com/DevelopmentCodeNames

Gutsy Gibbon, as I saw it while using Tribe 1 (Which broke after a while ..) has a unified Desktop Appearance panel a.k.a Windows style. Yeah, this means that you can change your themes, pointers and what no via the Desktop-Context-Menu > Appearance option. :)

And that's just one of what changes are gonna take place, install it now to find out the rest :p

rocket357

Security freak
I'm still waiting to see if they pick something like "Horny Human" for their next release...hahaha.

rocket357

Security freak
^^^ I know...but it'd still be cool...heh.

Nah, they'll probably name it something like "Hungry Hedgehog" or whatever.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
@rocket357 - Heh, you can participate in the name choosing over the IRC channels. The link I gave above has a huge list of possible combinations and words for the same from which they'll choose one out. :) Moreover H's already taken by Hoary Hedgehog .. Next would be I? Iceweasel :D

rocket357

Security freak
QwertyManiac said:
@rocket357 - [snip]
Moreover H's already taken by Hoary Hedgehog .. Next would be I? Iceweasel :D

Doh? I guess you're right...well then...perhaps I can suggest one for K, since J's been suggested already? hahaha

Thanks for pointing it out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom