ubuntu 6.10 released

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
^^ It sure does! Specially the AIGLX part.. With XGL, there was corruption in videos n all. No such problem with AIGLX and Nvidia Beta driver!

G

gxsaurav

is it worth upgrading to 6.10 from 6.06 in a virtual machine enviroment? donno if Gnome 2.16 is anygood over gnome 2.14 in this case

full cd download is 700 MB, but if i upload using this

gksu "update-manager -c"

how much is the typical download size

Last edited by a moderator:

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Hmm I guess it won't so be useful to you gx. This release has been more focussed on improvements that you as an end user will rarely see. The changes will be more exciting to developers and Open Source enthusiasts.
Well, the next release, Feisty, will be focussing more on multimedia, hardware support and a lot more. Read this *lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel-announce/2006-October/000212.html. So, it will be Feisty that we might see some really great changes, if they get to their goals.

praka123

left this forum longback
yup installed it!Rocking with GNOME 2.16!

Last edited:

eddie

El mooooo
desmataks said:
i got this error while upgrading
Failed to fetch ftp://cipherfunk.org/pub/packages/ubuntu/dists/dapper/Release.gpg Could not resolve 'cipherfunk.org'
Failed to fetch ftp://cipherfunk.org/pub/packages/ubuntu/dists/dapper/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz Could not resolve 'cipherfunk.org'
Failed to fetch ftp://cipherfunk.org/pub/packages/ubuntu/dists/dapper/main/source/Sources.gz Could not resolve 'cipherfunk.org'

plz do something
The repository is gone...change it to some other server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom