Ubuntu 6.06 giving installation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dink2cool

Broken In
Hi Guys ,
i seen to be out of luck with all the linux distros....cant get even one of them working properly...first FC5,then Suse 10.1 n now its Ubuntu 6.06

I tried to run Ubuntu Cd today ..the setup started properly and showed me a startup menu having the options to install/run ubuntu and installing it in safe video mode .. in either of the modes when i try to run the setup the installation begins and works fine uptil the point where the desktop comes ... then after showing the desktop for a split second my monitor goes blank ...the computer remains on [ie it does not restart ] but my monitor switches off ... what could be the problem ...

plz help me out guys otherwise i think i'll leave linux for good as all the distros r giving me one problem or the other .... :(

praka123

left this forum longback
First get ur monitors Horizontal and Vertical frequency and Enter it in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.for editing refer the sticky on editing xorg.conf in this section.also what is your video card...

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
the live cd is full of bugs my hdd also gone dead while trying to install ubuntu i suggest u to get a install cd

OP
Dink2cool

Dink2cool

Broken In
but i dont wanna install ubuntu .... i already have susue 10.1 installed and it has a few probs too which i'm not able to reslove ... i dont wanna have a second linux on my pc too ....
@ prakash kerala : how can i edit a xorg.conf file when i'm using a live cd ? are u sure v can do that ? my monitor supports max resolution of 1280*1024 @ 60Hz n 1024*768 @ 75 Hz .... but i think that when the setup ubuntu setup starts to show its desktop the desktop reslution is 1600*1200 ....maybe dats y my monitor turns off ..any help ?

@ rollercoaster : i'm new to linux how do i start it with noprobe ... can u tell me in steps

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Dink2cool You can moidfy any file on a live cd. But, it won't be saved permanantly so you will have to adjust everytime.
To pass paramater noprobe, when you boot the live cd. It asks you to wait for xx seconds or press enter. At that time type
Code:
linux noprobe
You can also try lowres parameter
Code:
linux lowres
It won't give you good resolution to start with but then later on you can adjust resolution according to your monitor settings.

OP
Dink2cool

Dink2cool

Broken In
ok ... thanks for the solution tech_your _future ... i'll try them n inform you all if any of them work out ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom