txt files refuse to open after surfing the net....

Status
Not open for further replies.

hansraj

In the zone
can anyone help me ...... i think its some virus attack which replaces the notepad.exe in the system32 folder in the xp operating system... everytime i have to replace the new unknown defected notepad.exe by the original one so as to open the txt files again using the notepad... n the problem starts again after i surf the net

parthbarot

In the zone
i think it can be any simple exe which is named as "notepad".
but i dont know much.
u should use another soft for trace ur uploads-d'loads

JAK

What the Heck !
parthbarot Bhai.... :wink:

i think u accidently placed the link of ur siggy in as ur avtar.... :wink:

Its messin up the forum.... :wink:

Please see to it.... :wink:

theraven

Technomancer
well u simply have some sort of virus that attacks everytime u surf the net
so run a virus scan ...with updated definitions
also run spyware and adware removers like adaware ... & spybot search and destry

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Try running a Virus Scan with latest updates if that dosent work Try restoring the System to a safer point.If that dosent work too then try formatting the drive and then re-installing the OS cause if the virus stays in and is not detected then it can spread to other drives as well and cause unknown damage so better safe then Infected.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Do a virus scan with updated defs and activate th Windows firewall or use a third-party solution such as Zone Alarm.

ujjwal

Padawan
The above solutions seem to cover all .... Also press CTRL+ALT+DEL to see what programs are running, that may give you info about the virus. Be sure to use a firewall to prevent an unwanted application from accessing the net.

busyanuj

In the zone
hansraj said:
can anyone help me ...... i think its some virus attack which replaces the notepad.exe in the system32 folder in the xp operating system... everytime i have to replace the new unknown defected notepad.exe by the original one so as to open the txt files again using the notepad... n the problem starts again after i surf the net

This problem is due to a spyware.
install and run Adaware SE Pro.

and after that, go to the folder C:\windows\system32\

you will find the file -- notepad.exe (the one with icon) renamed as something like notpad.exe
rename that back to the name notepad.exe to solve the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom