Two PC,100 meters!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pathik

Google Bot
connect the lan wire in the lan ports in both pcs..
then open the network connections menu n setup a new lan network..
enter the ip of ur pc as 192.168.0.1 and of ur friends pc as 192.168.0.2..
subnet mask= 255.255.255.0.. keep the same workgroup name in both the pcs... connect..

OP
DDIF

DDIF

Custom User Title
pathiks said:
connect the lan wire in the lan ports in both pcs..
then open the network connections menu n setup a new lan network..
enter the ip of ur pc as 192.168.0.1 and of ur friends pc as 192.168.0.2..
subnet mask= 255.255.255.0.. keep the same workgroup name in both the pcs... connect..
How much speed will we get for data transffer? Will the bendings in the lan wire affect the working? But precautions should we take while making the connection? What is that cable called in technical language? And atlast what should a good quality cable cost?

mediator

Technomancer
ManiDhillon said:
How much speed will we get for data transffer? Will the bendings in the lan wire affect the working? But precautions should we take while making the connection? What is that cable called in technical language? And atlast what should a good quality cable cost?
PLease check this!
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42774&highlight=wireless
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46209

Cable is called RJ45 cable!

dissel

Cyborg Agent
ManiDhillon said:

1.You can get max 100 Mbps Data transfer rate.

2.No,bending not affect data transfer.

3.Not any thumb of rule available....AS I earlier said make sure distance below 100mtrs.either you need Lan signal repetator.

4.The cable called in technical language Cat5 Cable.The 2 Jack slightly bigger than your telephone line Jack named RJ-45 Socket,and the cable orientation is Cross-Over.
When you go to buy in the shop mention to the shop-keeper RJ-45 Crossover cable.

5.Earlier I mention the price..D-Link's Cat5 cable is the best & reliable......I don't think you can got such large length cable ready available in the shop. It need to make by yourself or ask the shop-keeper.
Maybe he will do that for you by charging some extra bucks.

Last edited:

tehnogeek

Broken In
mediator said:
PLease check this!
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42774&highlight=wireless
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46209

Cable is called RJ45 cable!

its also called as cat 5 cable.... rj45 is the port name as far as i know....

OP
DDIF

DDIF

Custom User Title
dissel said:
1.You can get max 100 Mbps Data transfer rate.

2.No,bending not affect data transfer.

3.Not any thumb of rule available....AS I earlier said make sure distance below 100mtrs.either you need Lan signal repetator.

4.The cable called in technical language Cat5 Cable.The 2 Jack slightly bigger than your telephone line Jack named RJ-45 Socket,and the cable orientation is Cross-Over.
When you go to buy in the shop mention to the shop-keeper RJ-45 Crossover cable.

5.Earlier I mention the price..D-Link's Cat5 cable is the best & reliable......I don't think you can got such large length cable ready available in the shop. It need to make by yourself or ask the shop-keeper.
Maybe he will do that for you by charging some extra bucks.
Thank You Very much. All the info you guys provided me will be very usefull. Thanks again! I live in a village, so can the cable bear the atmospheric[winter, summer] wear&tear?

Pathik

Google Bot
yup dont worry abt all that... the cable can exist in outdoor conditions...
but still i m warning u 100m can reduce the speed drastically...

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
@Mani Dhillon

Yaar use the wireless bluetooth instead...
Dont knw much but my institute is using that.

OP
DDIF

DDIF

Custom User Title
pathiks said:
@ mani do consider wifi again..
My friend is not interested much in connecting both PCs. Just i wanna connect coz then i can use his HDD as my backup drive. So i alone have to bear the cost. Thats why i'm not considiring a wifi router.

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
ManiDhillon said:
My friend is not interested much in connecting both PCs. Just i wanna connect coz then i can use his HDD as my backup drive. So i alone have to bear the cost. Thats why i'm not considiring a wifi router.
That was the case with me too. I had to shell out the whole cost of the networking.
Our main priority was playing multiplayer games like UT.
Secondly, my friend would bring a lot of movies for watching, as he was living with his friends in a mess. I could easily watch them from my home...at the same time having no trace of the CDs and DVDs.:)):grin:

OP
DDIF

DDIF

Custom User Title
Lucky_star said:
That was the case with me too. I had to shell out the whole cost of the networking.
Our main priority was playing multiplayer games like UT.
Secondly, my friend would bring a lot of movies for watching, as he was living with his friends in a mess. I could easily watch them from my home...at the same time having no trace of the CDs and DVDs.:)):grin:
So how much did it cost you? I don't want to spend more than 2k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom