TV-Tuner cards owner...

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Ashwin Saxena

Hello guys. this is not a question but I like to read your opinion.This is a two in one post. So i post it in general section.
I have a Pinnacle PCTV Stereo TV Tunere card. Now the problem is that the software cant be installed on win98.(doesn't support older OS)
But I can install drivers in 98. Is there any third party software to watch tv
in 98.
I allready tried the followings:-
Virtual Dub (Fine picture but no sound)
Media PC (Not working)

Frontec TVR (Working). Anyone knows of a different software.
Also how can I register my product on the site. (I cant find the link)
one more thing
Whats TV tuner(comaney) you got.(If you have a tv tuner card.)

fawazz

Broken In
Hi Ashwin,
Try using softwares like WinDVR, Cyberlink PowerVCR. Another good software is ULead DVD Movie Factory. Hmmm....then, ULead Video Studio, ULead Media Studio, Adobe Premier...... These softwares as mainly used for capturing and editing (U can watch TV also).

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
There are lots of freeware TV viewers available on the Net. For example, you can download and use ChrisTV Lite for all your TV viewing needs. As for me, I use the same Pinnacle PCTV Stereo card you have and use Media Portal for my TV viewing and recording needs, as well as turning my PC into an entire Media Center.

abhishek_734

Broken In
use can use webtv in win 98 after installing drivers.if you don't have it, you can install it frm win 98 cd throug add remove window components.but you will not get good picture quality by this.also it may not detect all channels.
i use mercury tv tuner having flytv which worked well in win 98.

Wizard

Journeyman
Ashwin Saxena said:
Hello guys. this is not a question but I like to read your opinion.This is a two in one post. So i post it in general section.
I have a Pinnacle PCTV Stereo TV Tunere card. Now the problem is that the software cant be installed on win98.(doesn't support older OS)
But I can install drivers in 98. Is there any third party software to watch tv
in 98.
I allready tried the followings:-
Virtual Dub (Fine picture but no sound)
Media PC (Not working)

Did u try it using Media Center Edition 2005 ?????????????????????????/

I got te same card and I am gonna get XP MCE 2005, U meant it isnt workin in this ed ?

expertno.1

Technomancer
try with Media center 10.0.173...it has inbuilt driver and software for watching tv witht eh help of tv tuner card...since u ahve the driver installed then the program will do the rest work

the best would be to use POWERVCR (cyberlinks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom