TV Shows Recommended By Digitians

Status
Not open for further replies.

legolas

Padawan
The fixer is not great. Its very difficult to follow that accent (it is British).
New Amsterdam is a time pass, nothing interesting really.

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
^^
I was hoping to get reviews of New Amsterdam.. guess it's not that good.

By the way, Heroes rules. 2 days, 9 epics. :D And what they show as Chennai/Madras is NOT Chennai. Some place in Rajastan perhaps.

legolas

Padawan
^ ^ New Amsterdam, yes drgrudge, its not interesting so far. just another non-interesting crime show.
Yes, Heroes, you will not know how time goes by. I remember watching 20 of 24 episodes of 24 continuously. :) yes, i know!! crazy.
reg. chennai/rajasthan, I thought its more like Srirangam ??

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I love the fact that one of the most prominent roles in Heroes is of an Indian (though the actor is not an Indian). And I love it that you occasionally hear Hindi during some episodes and the whole first season has a lot of Indian music in the background score.

It just makes me feel proud. The most intelligent and righteous people in the show are Indians. ::tear:: :)

anispace

dattebayo
I love the fact that one of the most prominent roles in Heroes is of an Indian (though the actor is not an Indian). And I love it that you occasionally hear Hindi during some episodes and the whole first season has a lot of Indian music in the background score.

It just makes me feel proud. The most intelligent and righteous people in the show are Indians. ::tear:: :)

the actor is Indian "Sendhil Amithab Ramamurthy". His family was from India but living in US.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
He was born in the States himself and does not have an Indian citizenship, so he is not an Indian. He's of Indian origin though. :)

Dipen01

Youngling
Well seems like I am the only one who like New Amsterdam :p

lol @ashwin :- If ur on fast connection i think u can spare 700 MB (2 Eps - Never Judge the show just on the basis of Pilot ;) ) and find it out for urself. Because Plot Outlines and Reviews arent helpful most of the times :D

If not then best way to see if you might like the show or not is to check the "Wikipedia" Page. All the TV Shows have a page there and its pretty resourceful. Although don't end up reading complete article as its updated after every show and you might end up reading spoilers ;)

Tv.com Summary :-
New York City homicide detective John Amsterdam is cursed with immortality because he stopped the murder of a Native American girl in 1642 by stepping in front of a sword. Due to this act of kindness, the girl rescued Amsterdam from the stab wound by making him immortal, but warns that it is a curse that will only be lifted when John meets his true love.

Now, Amsterdam is a homicide detective in the Big Apple where he shares his secret with Omar, a blues club owner with a few secrets of his own. John is partnered up with Eva Marquez and gets into a chase with a suspect. When he suffers what appears to be a heart attack and is revived by ER doctor Sara Dillane, he realizes that mortality may be closer then he thought.

You can borrow my RS account if u want to :p

Last edited:
OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

reg. chennai/rajasthan, I thought its more like Srirangam ??
The Kanyakumari part is shot in Kanyakumari; but Chennai/Madras is NOT Chennai or Srirangam. What they show as University of Madras/Chennai University is not at all in Tamil Nadu. If you notice properly it has a lot of Hindi words in the graffitis. The University of Madras/Chennai University is shown as some Mahal (Hawa Mahal, Jaipur?) which made me guess they shot in Rajastan.

Anyway I love Heroes. Some parts are shot in India and has many Indian background score. By the way, Mira chick is hot. :twisted:

Dipen01 -
Thanks for the offer. We aren't supposed to discuss the d/l part. :p Anyway I'm committed to too many show. Won't have time to check New Amsterdam. Let the show run, if many recommend, then I'll check it. Sarah Terminator thing was also promising in the beginning but it sucked.

legolas

Padawan
Well seems like I am the only one who like New Amsterdam :p
:) Actually, I already have Criminal minds, Medium (stopped watching now), Numb3rs, Bones, Prison break, Boston Legal, 24, veronica mars (stopped airing now), supernatural and many many many other action/crime based shows and I just don't find this different or attractive than those, nothing notably different other than the hero's past. no offense.
Still, am up to date till the the current 5th episode. Will watch couple more before stopping :D

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

^^
Aren't you watching the ultimate Crime Drama, The Sopranos? I like Crime-Drama type stuffs (Godfather, American Gangster, Once a upon a time in America, LA Confidential, etc..).

I've some 4-5 epics of The Sopranos. Currently into Heroes, Boston Legal and The Big Bang Theory. Will check it after that. :p

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

^^
No idea. Anyway it had it's run. 6 seasons and it's not running. As you said I think it's over.

By the way, Dipen's another fav. show Jericho is also going to be stopped. :p

Dipen01

Youngling
@ legolas :-
New Amsterdamn is more of drama then crime solving show.. Crime's that are solved arent too interesting as the others u mentioned coz its the subplot. Its main genre is drama ;)

lol only couple of more are gonna aired i think.. I dunno if FOX will retain the show for next season... Its thier habit to cancel all the good shows.. Even SC has good chance of getting cancelled..

They look at numbers rather than user reviews ;)

^^
No idea. Anyway it had it's run. 6 seasons and it's not running. As you said I think it's over.

By the way, Dipen's another fav. show Jericho is also going to be stopped. :p

Seriosly how could they cancel Jericho :x:x Bloody morons, that show was brough back due to public demand and now they are cancelling it again :(

btw howz Boston Legal coming around? Although i am a huge fan of Legal Drama but i guess Boston Legal focusses more on personal life then legal aspect ? So i am following 'Close To Home' for that ;)

Btw , Any DEXTER fans here :D (Showtime Drama)

Last edited:

Sourabh

Laptoping
Me watches Dexter. I also like the following shows - only listing the ones I like and have seen entirely (of what's aired so far).

Lost, Prison Break, House, 24, CSI, The Unit, The Office, The Shield, My Name is Earl, Californication, Supernatural, Battlestar Galactica, Heroes, Jericho, Boston Legal, Nip/Tuck, HIMYM, Damages, The Lost Room, The Triangle and a few others which I may have missed to mention.

Partially seen: Scrubs, Eureka, CSI:NY, CSI:Miami, Bones, Numb3rs and John Doe (a few others but not worth recommending).

Sometimes, I feel bad about watching a bulk of these shows too fast and in LQ. After getting hooked on to a new show, I forget about it easily :)

From our regular TV broadcast, I just check out the post-market hours stuff on NDTV Profit - Gadget Guru, All About Ads, etc. And regular Nat-geo, Discovery and History Channel.

Dipen01

Youngling
No TV (Hostelite) so i miss on our Regular Broadcast :p

The Lost Room, Damages and Unit are good too..:D

Dexter was most gripping crime/serial killer show i have ever seen :D

Plus thier finale of 2nd season was super awesome ;)

Desp. Waiting for 3rd season :eek:

goobimama

 Macboy
Dexter doesn't have cool chicks. Dexter's sister is pretty hot, but that's about it.

It's a slow thriller about this guy, who has a compulsion to kill. So his father, an police guy, taught him how to kill without getting caught. Kill bad guys that is. So now dexter is a blood analyst for the police dept, and side by side he kills people who deserve justice but escape punishment from the courts.

Dipen01

Youngling
But his killings are fun to watch not in a gory way..but precise way :D

Plus his expressions and voiceovers.. i thinking i am gonna watch it again ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom