ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
1. Budget.

55k 40" -46" size (basically whatever fits my budget)

2. Viewing distance.

9 feet - 10 feet

3. Sources/inputs such as HD DTH/consoles/stand-alone media players etc.

HD DTH and mobile phone using DLNA

4. Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV.

1st LED-LCD 2nd LCD TV

5. Preference for brands.

none

6. Willing to purchase it from the grey market?
no

7. Ambient lighting conditions of the room.
3 windows, so it is well lit, can use curtains to darken the room

8. Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities etc.

Looking for the best Picture quality in both HD and SD(as most of the channels are still SD)
I've seen people watching SD channels stretched on HDTVs. Is there no option to change aspect ratio? or is the option available on DTH STB? cause the content should be in 4:3 , Black bars on both side is OK. Is there a fix for this?

3d is not required. DLNA is a must. And TV has to be wifi enabled as it is quite far from the router, for which i believe i'll have to buy a USB Wireless LAN Adaptor some thing like this UWA-BR100 : Internet TV Accessories : TV & Projector Accessories : Sony India ?
Using Skype,youtube and web browsing is also in the plan.
Is browsing a good idea on the tv? will it be used or be just a gimmick that a person gets bored of in a few months?

randomuser111

Technomancer
Hmm 40 inches smart TV in that budget is kinda difficult to find really. So the only TVs recommended would be Samsung EH5330 40inch for 55k and Samsung ES5600 40 inch which will cost you about 60k. Both are Smart TVs.

Are you willing to consider plasma ?

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

Plasma's power draw is what I'm against

Are the 2 samsungs you suggested good? Any known issues? What about lg?
Is buyinga smart tv in this budget a good idea?

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
Had been to Croma store in Pune today to check Samsung 40 Inch SLIM LED TV 40ES5600 (Rs.66500 though Infibeam has it for 60799) but the samsung guy in store suggested the newly launched EH6030 3D tv (40") for offer price of 57k (otherwise its for ~70k). It doesnt have smart tv functions though.

aroraanant

Explorer
Don't opt for Samsung EH5330, its not that good.Rather search local showrooms and try finding Samsung 40D5500, it has been discontinued but still many retailers have it in stock, it is a very good LED TV, and you can get it for 55k.
And if your budget allows then opt for ES5600.

aroraanant

Explorer
The difference b/w EH5000 and EH5330 is just that EH5330 is a smart tv while the other one is not.I have compared EH5000 with D5000 and D5500 models and found that the previous D series models were much better(in terms of PQ)

Sam22

TV Expert
The difference b/w EH5000 and EH5330 is just that EH5330 is a smart tv while the other one is not.I have compared EH5000 with D5000 and D5500 models and found that the previous D series models were much better(in terms of PQ)

I don't know what makes you say that the previous D series were better in terms of PQ. have you experienced the current EH5000, Without any doubt, I can claim that this model has a good PQ as compared to other brand.
The TV has a 180p resolution with 120 clear motion rate that can easily capture the fast moving scenes.

aroraanant

Explorer
Yes I have experienced the EH5000, if you don't believe me then compare them side by side, I m sure you will get to know the difference.EH5000 is downgraded model of D5000

That is the reason there also a huge price difference in the price of these LED TVs

Sam22

TV Expert
Yes I have experienced the EH5000, if you don't believe me then compare them side by side, I m sure you will get to know the difference.EH5000 is downgraded model of D5000

That is the reason there also a huge price difference in the price of these LED TVs

i agree that there is a huge price difference between the two models and also the design of both of them are also bit similar.
What about the smart apps coming up with both the models and what difference it makes in terms of apps when compared to other brands.

Minion

Conversation Architect

One more difference between previous D 5000 and EH5000 is D5000 is edge light led tv while EH5000 is array led tv.technically array led tv have more black level,uniformity while edge lit tv may suffer from non uniformity issue.

aroraanant

Explorer
^^^^
Well that was quite technical.
I don't know about that, but I suggest you guys to compare both the models side by side and I am sure you will see that there is a lot of difference in PQ

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

So i went to the shops. My budget has increased.
i liked sony ex650 for 64k. what also impressed me was panasonic et5d 42' for 67k.
now the picture quality of sony seems better ? but i'm not sure... what do you guys say? PQ of which is better?

another thing, the guy at the panasonic shop used a wireless keyboard with the et5d. he used it to control the tv , and also type etc. can wireless keyboard be used with the ex650 too in the same way?

randomuser111

Technomancer
Unfortunately no such keyboard is available for Sony Bravia Tvs. Though if you own a Sony Vaio laptop you can use the Vaio keyboard for the Tv, also you can use the Sony Media Remote App available for iOS and Android/Sony Xperia smartphones and use your phone as remote/keyboard and also other features.

The Panasonic ET5D is good but doesn't have good black levels/contrast.

Top Bottom