TUX Magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
TUX Magazine started out in 2005 with the linux newbie in mind. The last issue was released in December 2006. They were supposed to start a pay suscription system but never did, I do not know why. Anyway here is an archive of the issues of those two years.

*massmirror.com/71bd98b4d612987b7da20c9dc7c99433.html

Single archive, format 7zip, compressed using Peazip
Size - 76.4 MB
md5sum 10ee88ec63c544a990075ce48aa64141

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
I hated it for its kde bias :x .everything everywhere from mango parfait to all anti-gnome articles :x thanks it is killed.
BTW,I subscribe now to Free Software Magazine,which is better :)

OP
NucleusKore

NucleusKore

TheSaint
You're welcome

And Praka123, I never realised but yes, they have a KDE bias. I just found the backup cd to which I used to religiously copy these so I decided to share :)

Do you all want TLDP (The Linux Documentation project) for offline browsing? I have it on cd actually bought it from them two years back in a clearance sale :) I can compress it and upload.

I bought Linux For You this month. It rocks. As for that KDE bias, the only two things bad about KDE are its high Sys Reqs, and its HORRIBLE NOMENCLATURE OF PROGRAMS. that part sucks big time. It sucks so much, that I use gnome only because of KDE's naming, inspite of the fact that I don't know C and only know C++, therefore I would be useful to the OSS community only with KDE, I use Gnome.

praka123

left this forum longback
you can use c++ for Gnome development too ;):
read gtkmm libraries :

Description: C++ wrappers for GTK+ 2.4 (development files)
Gtkmm is a C++ interface for the popular GUI library gtk+.
Gtkmm provides a convenient interface for C++ programmers to create
graphical user interfaces with Gtk's flexible OO framework. Highlights
include type safe callbacks, widgets extensible using inheritance and
over 180 classes that can be freely combined to quickly create complex
user interfaces.

praka123

left this forum longback
@gautam:mone,look above!i edited :D for libgtkmm2

forget a thing in Gnome called libgtk1.2(old library).it looks bad and buggy and weird!use libgtk2-0.x :)

^^what about wxWidgets? Its GTK+ based, but Jean-Baptise Kemph(j-b in the forums), the VLC forums Admin and the head for developement of its new QT4 interface comming in version 0.9, told me that QT4 was switched to due to dissatisfaction with wxWidgets.

praka123

left this forum longback
^ask him to make a qt non-dependent or VLC-static edition for people who dont want to install libqt4/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom