TUTORIAL: List of Files to be hacked using Resource Hacker!

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
I checked it and the file is "msgina.dll". ;) So just replace the BITMAPs and check it again. Don't use the registry hack to change the file. :)

iceeeeman

Journeyman
vishal 1 more query ,can u plz tel me how to change the progress bar which is shown in the bootscreen ie. how to change its size:(

vishal 1 more query ,can u plz tel me how to change the progress bar which is shown in the bootscreen ie. how to change its size using resource hacker:(

Last edited:
OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Its in %windir%\System32\NToskrnl.exe file. U can change the desired BITMAPs to change the progressbar. But the BITMAPs in the file are masked and will not be visible in Resource hacker as well as imaging softwares. U'll need to download and install plug-ins/etc to see and edit them. So its a tricky and lengthy task.

U can use other 3rd party s/w, like bootskin, tuneup, etc. to change it. ;)

iceeeeman

Journeyman
Vishal Gupta said:
Its in %windir%\System32\NToskrnl.exe file. U can change the desired BITMAPs to change the progressbar. But the BITMAPs in the file are masked and will not be visible in Resource hacker as well as imaging softwares. U'll need to download and install plug-ins/etc to see and edit them. So its a tricky and lengthy task.

U can use other 3rd party s/w, like bootskin, tuneup, etc. to change it. ;)
dude using tuneup utilities 2007 i changed the background of the bootscreen .and also the color of the progress bar but i cant change height and width of the progress bar .can u plz ttel me how to do tht?

Last edited:

::.BLOOD!GOD.::

Broken In
Vishal Gupta said:
this is RUN dialog box w/o ne text:

*img80.imageshack.us/img80/6710/run3ae.jpg

Hey vishal can u plz quickly tell the complete procedure to make run box like this
or rather upload ur own run box file

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
^^ I'm really sorry buddy but that was a very old Run dialog box screenshot. Now I don't hv XP installed in my system, so can't post the code. ;)

It was just an image and I moved the textbox. So u can also add ur desired image and can get the same look.

saurabh kakkar

D i s t i n c t l y Ahead
hi vishal
wana know two things :-
1- how can i change hibernating screen in xp
2- whenever i try to paste any bitmap on logoff screen my switch user , log off and cancel icons disappears behind that bitmap screen what should i do so that these icons appera on the bitmap ?

SUKHI99

never forgot your roots!
Hi! Vishal Gupta
i hv a problem? can u plz tell me how To change the orientation of Progress bar:confused: every time i tried to change it i'm not allowed to change it:(
i'm not able to add the strings "PBS_SMOOTH | PBS_VERTICAL "
when i click on complie script the letters goes out & comes to back normal stage:rolleyes:
this string is not going to deleted:>FW_DONTCARE, FALSE, 0
why this is happen::confused: plz tell me
BTW u & ur tutorials are awesome;)

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
^^ thnx for ur so nice comments. :D

Right-click on Progressbar and select "Edit Control". Now u can select all options u want from the list. ;)

arijit2002

Right off the assembly line
I am trying to edit my sysdm.cpl file to give it a customized look. I am trying to make it look like this -
*www.joejoe.org/forum/style_images/joejoe.org1166881522/img-resized.png Reduced 92%​

*www.joejoe.org/forum/uploads/monthly_07_2007/post-17111-1184138751_thumb.jpg
1240 x 604 (131.09K)​

The script is compiling and everything seems to work fine in Resource Hacker but when I save the file this is what I get -
*www.joejoe.org/forum/style_images/joejoe.org1166881522/img-resized.png Reduced 86%​

*www.joejoe.org/forum/uploads/monthly_07_2007/post-17111-1184138730_thumb.jpg
689 x 561 (60.49K)​

How do I correct this problem? Any help would be appreciated!

Fareast187

to Vishal Gupta nice tuturial...
but i want to ask u how can we replace it.....because when i want to replace it,it said it cant be replace the file...

Deof Movestofca

Making TClock2 style "native" and other modifications

I was wondering if one could modify the system files (and which ones) so that Windows (W2K, in my case) automatically does the following TClock2 functions:

1) Add transparency to taskbar, start menu, system tray and clock
2) Fill/skin taskbar, clock,
3) Hide the gripper rebar (the "bar" on each of the toolbars to resize them);
4) Hide the start button & run the start menu from the tray clock
5) Change color of text for desktop icons
6) Change font, color, position, and format (i.e., show date as well as time) for system clock.
EDIT: forgot one: 7) Have icon text on the desktop appear beside the icon instead of below (like "list view" instead of "large icon view" in Windows Explorer).
Even better: ability to set items in #1, #5, and/or #6 from the context menu.

Other mods I would like to make, if possible:
1) Expand a link to another file manager from the start menu like one can with Overpriced Paperweight (what most of you probably refer to as "My Computer":p). That is, if you drag the desktop icon for "My Computer" to the start menu, Windows will tell you: "You cannot move or copy this item to this location. Do you want to create a shortcut to the item instead?" If you do so, then the link will let you browse the various drives on your computer.
2) Instead of "Programs" (which is a bit of a misnomer in the first place since the "folder" usually contains links to programs rather than the programs themselves and also because you can put links to other things besides programs there- but I digress), I'd prefer to have folders directly on the Start Menu (which would show links in both %Current User%\Start Menu\Category and %All Users%\Start Menu\Category, where Category would be replaced by "Security", "Games", "Misc-Unsorted" [which would contain the usual "Programs" link so that I could check what needs to be sorted:smile:) that point directly to different types of programs.
So instead of the start menu looking like this:
(Stuff above the separator above the usual menu)
------SEPARATOR------
Programs >
Settings > [which I plan to replace with the Self-Destruct Mechanism, I mean "Control Panel" anyway. Does anyone else find it ridiculous that they call it "Settings", but then have direct links to only "Network and Dial-up", "Printers", and "Taskbar & Start Menu" and anything else you have to open up the Control Panel for?]
Search
Help
Run
------SEPARATOR------
Log Off
Shut Down
the start menu would look like this:
(Stuff above the separator above the usual menu)
------SEPARATOR------
Security >
System > Self-Destruct Mechanism >
Games >
Graphics >
Media >
Internet >
Misc> All [which would should all links and folders in the All Users and Current Users Start Menu folders] >
Search
Help
Run
------SEPARATOR------
Log Off
Shut Down
Even better: ability to hide certain of the Category folders from some users. E.g., some people in my family only use the computer for games and thus don't need access to any of the others.

And a couple of quick questions: first, explorer.exe only seems to contain the settings for the shell. Am I missing something and if I'm not, how does one make edits to the windows file manager? and, second, is there a guide to all the numbers listed after the MENUTIEM as to what they refer to, such as "MENUITEM "C&ascade", 403" or "MENUITEM "Tile &Horizontally", 404" would show up in the list as something like:
403 "C&ascade"
404 "Tile &Horizontally"

I know I'm probably asking for a lot here, so whenever, and to whatever, you choose to respond to is fine by me. Unfortunately, I only have one computer, so I'm a bit hesitant to experiment on it. Thanks for any and all help you might be able to provide....

Last edited:

paroh

Padawan
For novoice user
If any one could provide the full modified files of sysdm.cpl, timedate.cpl,shell32.dll, msgina.dll, explorer.exe etc . so that user just to need replace the file to make it work

Last edited:

Fareast187

This my work

*media.share.ovi.com/m1/large/0361/bd76ac93959f4b26a6af6ffb30772743.jpg

the above picture is system properties....

*media.share.ovi.com/m1/original/0361/5060ce448d294b5c82368682da10a160.jpg

the above picture is rename start menu

*media.share.ovi.com/m1/large/0361/08c46944e23c4804a06321a21c6fb022.jpg

the above picture is Shutdown Menu

*media.share.ovi.com/m1/large/0361/0cc9c99020bc40ef8b0077487fefb070.jpg

the above picture is Login skrin

*media.share.ovi.com/m1/large/0361/a1c0395169b44210ad27f27cecbdf9cb.jpg

Rajesh Gautam

New to this forum
Hiii,
Vishal Bhai, i like yours Posting this and hacking
so mant years i am searching this