Not open for further replies.

paragkalra

The Linux Man !
Re: How to Install BSNL boardband in Linux

For configuring broadband in Fedora and Redhat go here:

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21638

Vivek788

In the zone
Is it only for always on dataone?Because i have configured it without all these.Just pointo eth0 and give dns.Also specify DHCP.Thats all.

sgireesh

Right off the assembly line
Configuring a webserver on dataone anyone?

When i setup a webserver (apache or vsftpd) and try remote access via ip (from www.whatsmyip.org) i end up with my adsl configuration page.

ofcourse *localhost open the apache "it works" page...

Could someone help me out...

sgireesh

Right off the assembly line
There seems to be some problem with port forwarding.. The router asks for a private ip..
# ifconfig eth0
Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:11:11:09:69:11
inet addr:192.168.1.100 Bcast:192.168.1.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
inet6 addr: fe80::211:11ff:fe09:6911/64 Scope:Link

says private ip is 192.168.1.100. I have also set the router to forward port 80 to port 80 of private ip.. Still no hope.. And i moved the adsl config page to port 61000.

By the way "http:\\myip:61000" opens the router config page while "http:\\myip" says server not found :(

hailgautam

Youngling
Hi guys. I am a complete noob to the Linux. Just installed Ubuntu 6.10 yesterday.

I am not able to connect to the internet. I have a Dataone Home 250 connection and I am using Huwai WA1003A adsl modem. In the Windows I connect through Wifi, Though I have the cable, it does not work, I guess the modem is so configured. I do not know the bsnl login id or password. Windows recognizes the connection at the startup and it just works.

In ubunut there is a option in System>Admin>Networking for Wireless, but I am not able to enable it. I am giving the Static IP, Subnetmask and Gateway (only) details as given in the beginning of the thread, but it is not saving the details. Do I have to give any other details in that window? What else Do I have to do?? I am not able to connect through the cable as well.

Plz Help. Thanx

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
hailgautam said:
Hi guys. I am a complete noob to the Linux. Just installed Ubuntu 6.10 yesterday.

I am not able to connect to the internet. I have a Dataone Home 250 connection and I am using Huwai WA1003A adsl modem. In the Windows I connect through Wifi, Though I have the cable, it does not work, I guess the modem is so configured. I do not know the bsnl login id or password. Windows recognizes the connection at the startup and it just works.

In ubunut there is a option in System>Admin>Networking for Wireless, but I am not able to enable it. I am giving the Static IP, Subnetmask and Gateway (only) details as given in the beginning of the thread, but it is not saving the details. Do I have to give any other details in that window? What else Do I have to do?? I am not able to connect through the cable as well.

Plz Help. Thanx
first try connecting with cable after on we will try wireless
for Lan cable
1) goto system>administration>networking>connections>ethernet connection>properties & enter these in it
Code:
configration:--manual
IP address:--192.168.1.2
subnet mask:--225.225.225.0
default gateway:--192.168.1.1

2) open firefox & type:192.168.1.1
enter user id & password as "admin". go to setup tab>pvc0

select PPPoe from drop down box & enter login id & passwords of DATAONE.leave reat fields blank click apply

3) go the last tab in the site. after that click on system commands>save all

now try opening any site, u have done everything correctly then ur net is on
enjoy Safe virus free net on Ubuntu but don't forhet data caps:)

PS:for wireless see this *ccsd.msoe.edu/faq/linux/Ubuntu.jsp?IDFaq=223

Last edited:

hailgautam

Youngling
^^ thanx so much!

But unfortunately I do not know the password for the Dataone connection. :( I did configure LAN the way you told me but I am not able to connect.

The wireless light on the modem is always on, and even though i connect through LAN it does not work. Even in Windows I can only connect through Wifi only and LAN does not work.

The Modem is already configured for always on.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
ok.
but u will need the user id & password for connecting that's must
also do this
open /etc/resolv.conf in your favourite text editor like gedit

Append the following lines.

Code:
nameserver 61.1.96.69
 nameserver 61.1.96.71

there is no way that lan will not work it should but enableing any type of connection you have to get user id and password. ask other memners who are using ur computer or ask BSNL

Vyasram

The pWnster
i'm currently using rp-pppoe , no problems, but lacks scheduling feature, can someone tell me how to schedule a connection and disconnect it

mayanks_098

world is evil
i just installed sabayon n im unable to connect to net. i also cudnt find neway of configuring my connectn settings.

i use bsnl 500 home plan,adsl modem,livng in ghaziabad,up
thanks

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
try net-setup eth0 as root. DON'T LOGIN as root. type su in the terminal to connect as root. Besides I think, there's network manager you can try it but I am not familiar with it.

mayanks_098

world is evil
ne help guys 4 configuring net on sabayon.
mehul,nethng else den net-setup eth0?

something lik pppoeconf on ubuntu?

eddie

El mooooo
Have you tried asking about setting an ADSL connection in Sabayon forums? They would be much more capable in helping you. Also since Sabayon is Gentoo based then most probably they are using same init scripts as well. You can put the following code in your /etc/conf.d/net file and reboot
Code:
config_eth0="dhcp"
dhcpcd_eth0="-t 10" # Timeout after 10 seconds
dhcp_eth0="release nodns nontp nonis" # Only get an address
See if it works or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom