TUTORIAL: All About Resource Hacker! A Brief Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

munaf

Right off the assembly line
Dear Vishal Gupta
you are great man. thanks for your tutorial. it is a goot work.
dear i want to create my own windows xp installer CD with my own screen shoots. how can it possible. pleas help me.
thanks
munaf
a_mshahid@hotmail.com

munaf

dear Vishal Gupta
thanks for your respond. but i m still to know that how can i add my own screen shoots. is it possible in nlite. i download it but not use at this time.
thanks.
munaf
a_mshahid@hotmail.com

vasujain

Chk This Out...i Have Disabled File Protection As Well And The Sysdm.cpl Given By Vishal Works Very Well...can U Please Upload Other System Files Tweaked By You As Well?

And Please See To My Problem

Broken In
@ vishal

i want to change taskbar's start button (shown in the attachment) i.e i want to make it like HITMAN's logo. how cud i achieve it cud u please tell me.

@others
i m posting my own logonui snap which i made. so plz tell me about my work , im still working on it.

Last edited:

ramprasad

In the zone
Hi Vishal and others,

Can you let me know, whether it is possible to change the default folder icon (yellow colour) in XP to a custom icon by using RH and editing the Styles

vasujain

plzz if u can post the modified fil please do that...that will be very helpful...

one ques to VISTA....when i change or replace any bitmap.....if i want to adjust a pic of different resolution where do i need 2 make changes?

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
Hacking System Properties Dialog Box (Sysdm.cpl file)

Hacking System Properties Dialog Box (Sysdm.cpl file)

Guys....

If u r unable to view the screenshot image saying "ask for Genuine Microsoft software" ..... the OEMLOGO.BMP which u have to place at %windir\System32\ folder.

You have to do the following:

a.) Launch Notepad and type the following text, replacing the dummy information shown here with your own:
[General]
Manufacturer=Ronak
Model=000000
[Support Information]
Line1=Call 555-1212 for technical support
Line2=Call 555-1212 for technical support
Line3=Call 555-1212 for technical support
Line4=Call 555-1212 for technical support

b.) Save the file in the C:\Windows\System32 folder as Oeminfo.ini

c.) To add your logo to the General tab, create or download the 256-color BMP file that is 96 by 96 pixels in size.
d.) Save the file in the C:\Windows\System32 folder as Oemlogo.bmp.

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
^^ You'll have to edit "%windir%\System32\NToskrnl.exe" file to change boot screen. But its a bit complex task coz the BITMAPs are masked in this file.

The best and easiest way to use Tuneup Utilities to change boot screen,

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
hey how can i edit the boot screen in winxp?.......
Hey can I copy the shell32 from my PC to the other Pc

V

vaibhavtek

Ron said:
Hey can I copy the shell32 from my PC to the other Pc

many times it work it work for mine but sometime it may not.
so make a copy of shell32.dll file of other pc so that u can restore whenver any damage happen in tweak... ;-) ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom