Train simulator games

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^ Will it run on my PC (128MB GPU) :wah:

No buddy you gpu is under powered. 8400 gs was the first batch of cards from nvidia line up to sport a unified shader architecture and it has a lot less no. of shader cores by today's standards. And its not about having 128mb or 512mb vram. The gpu core has to be fast enough to render polygonal vertices in a simulator and then use rasterizing operations on them for filling color and final touch and thus rendering in game frames. Vram is just to hold the data for the gpu to work on. If the gpu isn't fast enough, no point of having even a 2gb vram.

Get something like a 6670 to play this game optimally. :)

If you want us to suggest a gpu, then please create a thread in the graphics card section.

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
what actually one has to do in these games? stop at stations, start when signal turns green and then.. ?

and more dafuq.. Trains vs Zombies 2 on Steam zombies?

i did try youtube, but i didn't get any clue even watching the videos. considering train simulator is deeply discounted as much as 90% on steam during sale, would like to know what it is all about.

Last edited:

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Get Microsoft Train Simulator. It is the best. The best thing about MSTS is that there are countless number of mods.

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Get Microsoft Train Simulator. It is the best. The best thing about MSTS is that there are countless number of mods.

Yes, even I can add goddamn indian railways into it. Its so amusing :-D. What's the latest version?

No buddy you gpu is under powered. 8400 gs was the first batch of cards from nvidia line up to sport a unified shader architecture and it has a lot less no. of shader cores by today's standards. And its not about having 128mb or 512mb vram. The gpu core has to be fast enough to render polygonal vertices in a simulator and then use rasterizing operations on them for filling color and final touch and thus rendering in game frames. Vram is just to hold the data for the gpu to work on. If the gpu isn't fast enough, no point of having even a 2gb vram.

Get something like a 6670 to play this game optimally. :)

If you want us to suggest a gpu, then please create a thread in the graphics card section.

k man, thanx a lot for the info... il create a thread there.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
what actually one has to do in these games? stop at stations, start when signal turns green and then.. ?

and more dafuq.. Trains vs Zombies 2 on Steam zombies?

i did try youtube, but i didn't get any clue even watching the videos. considering train simulator is deeply discounted as much as 90% on steam during sale, would like to know what it is all about.

You have to drive trains within speed limits while still completing the tasks, have to obey every traffic rules etc. etc. Train vs Zombies is pretty fun as you can "fly" a train. :D And that 90% sale was during 2011, these days it rarely sees such huge discounts. If you like simulation games and love to drive train, then these games are pretty good mode of relaxing.

Yes, even I can add goddamn indian railways into it. Its so amusing :-D. What's the latest version?

k man, thanx a lot for the info... il create a thread there.

Latest version is the old one, Microsoft had a TS2 in pipeline long back before cancelling it. And yeah, its still the best, and your present GPU will handle it with aplomb. May be someday it will be revived just like Age of Empires.

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Playing Railworks 3 Train Simulator 2012 on my new rig :) (Though Geforce 210 is weak but mine is handling it good.)

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=11232&stc=1
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=11233&stc=1
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=11234&stc=1
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=11235&stc=1

Attachments

• Screenshot_Castle Rock Railroad_39.10954--104.88872_15-07-02.jpg
    Screenshot_Castle Rock Railroad_39.10954--104.88872_15-07-02.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 136
  • Screenshot_Castle Rock Railroad_39.11085--104.89173_15-07-20.jpg
    Screenshot_Castle Rock Railroad_39.11085--104.89173_15-07-20.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 126
  • Screenshot_Castle Rock Railroad_39.11085--104.89173_15-07-23.jpg