TRAI Increases Daily SMS Limit to 200

coolguy010

Broken In
SOURCE - TRAI Increases Daily SMS Limit to 200 in India

Now Mobile Users specially the youth who have got frustrated of the 100 SMS per day limit by TRAI [Telecom Regulatory Authority of India] can have some relief as TRAI has now increased the limit to 200

TRAI said
“The authority has received representations from some of the service providers and consumers to increase the limit of 100 SMSes per day per SIM. The authority has considered these representations and decided to increase the limit of 100 SMSes per day per SIM to 200 SMSes per day per SIM”

Yes, from Now on mobile users will be able to send upto 200 sms per day.......

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Good news.
But I am amazed (as well as worried) for the youths, for whom that 100 sms limit was a problem!

socrates

In the zone
Putting an end to those pesky calls/SMSes has been giving TRAI a tough time. Merely about a month after the 100 SMS/day initiative flagged off, TRAI had to raise the bar by another 100 SMS. Looks like, 200 SMS/day has a new challenge surfacing. Telemarketers have conveniently found a solution to the limited SMS woes and are now relying on servers based outside the country, as per reports by EconomicTimes.
Pesky SMS use overseas servers, TRAI and telecos to find a solution

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Still 200 is quite high. For normal people 100 is more than enough. Till today there is probably only 1 day that I have sent over 100 sms.
I average around 10/week.

amohit

Broken In
^ I did read somewhere that physically challenged people (deaf) rely heavily on SMSes. I am sure they would be thinking "Free roaming, free incoming, 1000 mins talktime for 200/- is absolutely useless for anyone.."

Regards,
Mohit

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
Good news.
But I am amazed (as well as worried) for the youths, for whom that 100 sms limit was a problem!

Few of my friends crosses over 500 smses per day...I wonder how long it will take to increase the barrier by another 100..

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^ I did read somewhere that physically challenged people (deaf) rely heavily on SMSes. I am sure they would be thinking "Free roaming, free incoming, 1000 mins talktime for 200/- is absolutely useless for anyone.."

Regards,
Mohit

From your post it is obvious that you are one of the very few people (including me) who don't use sms too much, if not at all. :p

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
For usual chit chat why not use internet chat rooms?
200 is enough for most people. Except handicapped.
It might not be enough for spanners though.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
My mom got a call from Somalia in the middle of the night. I wouldn't be surprised if companies/agencies start outsourcing/hiring marketing telephone spammers to make calls to Indian consumers. Law should have been in a way that their actions would not encourage them to do the above- and to keep a check on them.

TBH, I never use sms ever since I get so many spam sms in my phone. Email saves the day for me.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
My mom got a call from Somalia in the middle of the night. I wouldn't be surprised if companies/agencies start outsourcing/hiring marketing telephone spammers to make calls to Indian consumers. Law should have been in a way that their actions would not encourage them to do the above- and to keep a check on them.

TBH, I never use sms ever since I get so many spam sms in my phone. Email saves the day for me.

That would be very scary!!!

ceebee

Right off the assembly line

Regards,
Mohit

+1 You nailed it. reps added for sensible thinking.

Top Bottom