Torrent woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
Hello friends,

I was planning to download huge files over torrents but i m experiencing very slow speeds at times(mostly @ 5-7 kb/s){i have a 256 kbps connection}. Also, my BT client shows NAT/Firewall error, and so does Azureus. I have chosen port 11111 for my Torrent clients....now how do i open this port to allow incoming traffic?
I dont have any firewalls running ATM, even Windows Firewall in having some error and shows that it cannot be opened due to some unidentified problem. So, how do i open the port? And are there any other tweaks required as well to improve the speed?
(i knew how to do this by opening the firewall menu, but now it doesnt open, maybe corrupted or something like that)

shovik

Banned
Uninstall any torrent client you have. then you install Bittornado from www.bittornado.com.
now download torrent headers from torrent sites and save them on your desktop. and open the torrent header with 'bittornado'. if its a live torrent and has a good number of seeders then your download speed will be enough to download a 100MB file in 20mins.
And don't mess with ports or their numbers unless you r totally acquainted with them.

Regards,
Shovik.

OP
MysticHalo

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
Good no. of seeders? How many? Mostly, all l8est files have high no. of seeders, but even more leechers.
100 Mb in 20 mins...hmm...thats approx 85 kbps....i dont get over 20 even with Da Vinci Code :(

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
Please see this tutorial on how to get the max. speeds:

Faster Torrents

I would also suggest you use BitComet or Azurues over other clients as they maintain stability and help you mantain a good ratio.

Savvy:!:

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
If the problem is only with 'The Da Vinci Code' fIle then it could be that your file is fake. I also faced the problem of slow download speed, someone did inform me that it was a fake file and on checking it turned out to be a fake one.
If you face this problem try ports above 50k. That has worked for me.

OP
MysticHalo

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
No, its a general problem of getting speeds less than 20kbps on a 256 kbps connection instead of 32.
Da ViNci code is just an eg. of a file that currently has a lot of seeders, still my dwload speed isnt picking up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom