Torrent speed slashed after installing router

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohan

In the zone
I earlier had an ethernet ADSL2+ router, and using that I used to get a download speed of around 30 kbps. Now, after I've installed my Wi Fi router, I'm getting very slow download speeds, even when no other device is connected in WLAN. Here are a few diagnostics:

i] My torrent speeds have come down to 10 - 15 kBps, while going as low as 4 -5 kBps persistently for hours together. My upload speeds are the same as they were before installing the new router [25 - 27 kBps].
ii] When I ran a speed test on dslreports.net, it showed my download speed as 164 kbit/s [20.4 kBps].
iii] Surprisingly, when I download via HTTP or FTP, I get speeds of around 30 - 32 kBps, which is what I should be getting.
iv] To make sure no other device was taking up bandwidth, I disabled wireless connectivity from my router's menu and the speeds still didn't change.

I'm using uTorrent. My ports are forwaded properly and there is no problem in that area, my upload speed is capped to 60% of the maximum. What could be wrong?

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

are u having a D link wireless Router (DIR 300) by ny chance.. ??

Also,..., hv u configured ur Router (wireless) for DHCP type access ???

U will also hv to keep the TCP/IP settings (in ur Wireless Router's properties box) as "Obtain IP address automatically" and "Obtain DNS address automatically" :)
----------

Try these things and tell me.. :)
----------

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom