torrent bandwidth problem

madzeus

Broken In
HELP needed...!!
Please take a look into the picture.The download of the process is at the speed much less than what system consumes.
Have tried installing a couple of bandwidth monitors, even used resource monitor for windows 7. Can someone help

1.jpg

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
torrent speed depends up on the seeders/peers. the more number of seeds, the more is the download speed. so use the torrent with maximum number of seeders.

tkin

Back to school!!
HELP needed...!!
Please take a look into the picture.The download of the process is at the speed much less than what system consumes.
Have tried installing a couple of bandwidth monitors, even used resource monitor for windows 7. Can someone help

View attachment 14168
Are you using a dial up connection(where you have to dial a connection from desktop), in those cases windows will report double bandwidth consumption, as you'll have two connections(one lan, one dialup).

OP
madzeus

madzeus

Broken In
Are you using a dial up connection(where you have to dial a connection from desktop), in those cases windows will report double bandwidth consumption, as you'll have two connections(one lan, one dialup).

No, the connection isn't a dial up instead using a ADSL modem wifi.
The issue at hand is not the low download speeds BUT the difference in speed with which my download occurs and what my system reports.
If anyone has anything to share upon this i shall be thankful.
cheers :)

- - - Updated - - -

torrent speed depends up on the seeders/peers. the more number of seeds, the more is the download speed. so use the torrent with maximum number of seeders.

The issue at hand is not the low download speeds BUT the difference in speed with which my download occurs and what my system reports.

Neuron

Electronic.
Forget what the system reports. Are you getting the speed offered by your plan?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
exit torrent software then download a big file from microsoft( Download DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010) from Official Microsoft Download Centre ) using a download manager like FDM or orbit & see the avg speed after download finishes.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Please give some figures so that we may understand what exactly is it you are looking for.
What is your ISP rated bandwidth? What plan are you on? And how much speed do you think you are missing?

Somethings to think of :
- There are some browser processes in the screenshot. They could be eating some of your bandwidth.
- The speed reported by your torrent client could be ignoring the transport overhead.
- The speed reported may be an average of last x minutes by one method while the other method may be reporting average of y minutes.

Top Bottom