Tomb Raider Series Reboot

cyborg47

Technomancer
Okey.Nintendo games are better :rolleyes: This game is [redacted] :rolleyes:

LOL! That really cracked me up :lol:

On the serious note, I predict Dead5 will flame the game as soon as he finishes it, given how much he hates QTEs and women being deliberately put into danger(and TR is the most violent example of it).

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
My question has nothing to do with Nintendo. I was simply asking if elements from the classic TR games come back and if a rather annoying part of the game is toned down.

BTW, so far I'd say this game is better than Twilight Princess. I reserve final judgement until I actually play this for a significant amount of time. I'll probably end up ranking it higher if the tombs get better, the platforming becomes entirely manual(instead of the semi automated **** that it has been so far) and if they don't shoehorn annoying, unnecessary, bloated filler material like the Twilight Realm in Twilight Princess.

holy sh!t. how did the nintendo expert find his way into here?? :p

@dead5, its pure crazy if you rank a game by not the game itself, but the optional missions in it. and the the platforming IS manual, you know? lara does not automatically climb up a wall. as for the QTEs, you can turn them off the menu, [IIRC, it was included in a later patch].

and this is a classic game. try not to flame it.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
holy sh!t. how did the nintendo expert find his way into here?? :p

@dead5, its pure crazy if you rank a game by not the game itself, but the optional missions in it. and the the platforming IS manual, you know? lara does not automatically climb up a wall. as for the QTEs, you can turn them off the menu, [IIRC, it was included in a later patch].

and this is a classic game. try not to flame it.

Okay, why are optional missions included if they are not to be considered at all? Are you playing a game and rating it by how much you enjoy it, or are you rating it by the bits you enjoy?

I'm sure you only play story missions and rate by story missions in RPGs like Fallout 3 :lol:

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
Okay, why are optional missions included if they are not to be considered at all? Are you playing a game and rating it by how much you enjoy it, or are you rating it by the bits you enjoy?

I'm sure you only play story missions and rate by story missions in RPGs like Fallout 3 :lol:

Feel free to opine on the game and not the gamer.

If you dint like the game, dont play it.. simple as that.. also.. 90+ percent of the members in this thread had positive opinion about the game, that means 10% of u guys dint like it as you have a varied taste.. so be it.. respect each others tastes

darkv0id

Journeyman
I must say, I'm amazed at the vitriolic responses that Dead5 gets for simply asking others their opinion and expressing his own. It's funny seeing how insecure some people (not necessarily the ones posting in thread) become when someone does not agree with popular opinion. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, as long as that opinion does not clash with mine, right guys?

Was it really so necessary to bring up Nintendo when he was simply asking if a game has certain elements present or not? Did he say something along the lines of "I'm sure dis gaeme is gonna be $hit, N1ntend0 da best 4evar!". NO. He simply asked if Tomb Raider had certain gameplay elements, and Vickybat gave a simple answer. It should have ended there. But ad-hominem is sooo fun, right guys?

For God's sake, he said he was enjoying it more than F***ING TWILIGHT PRINCESS. How many Nintendo fanboys gamers who have played on all consoles will say something like that? I can bet barely 2-3 people on TDF have played on the Wii. You think that games like Mario Galaxy and Zelda are for kids, and that playing "gritty" games like Gears of War or Uncharted somehow makes you more "mature" than that idiot kid who played Mario. Yup. Keep thinking that.

I've been a member here for an year, and was a lurker for two years before that. I used to think that TDF was some kind of internet utopia, where everyone could freely express their opinion without being bullied. That illusion has slowly shattered over the past few months. The kind of condescension that dead5 and people who agree with him have been subjected to is appalling. Yup, at the end of the day, TDF is just another internet forum.

And now some moron will look at my friend list and tag me as another Nintendo fanboy. And I'll be asked why I'm here if I think TDF is "just another forum"

EDIT: My post is not (necessarily ?) directed at members who have posted in this thread; it's just a general observation.

Last edited:

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Feel free to opine on the game and not the gamer.

If you dint like the game, dont play it.. simple as that.. also.. 90+ percent of the members in this thread had positive opinion about the game, that means 10% of u guys dint like it as you have a varied taste.. so be it.. respect each others tastes

Wow...just wow.

That was ad hominem?!

I was never questioning his enjoyment of the game. I was only questioning how he was rating it.

By what rationale should the optional missions of a game not be rated? That's like giving a samosa 10/10 because you liked the potato fillings but didn't enjoy the crust.

cyborg47

Technomancer
I must say, I'm amazed at the vitriolic responses that Dead5 gets for simply asking others their opinion and expressing his own. It's funny seeing how insecure some people (not necessarily the ones posting in thread) become when someone does not agree with popular opinion. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, as long as that opinion does not clash with mine, right guys?

Was it really so necessary to bring up Nintendo when he was simply asking if a game has certain elements present or not? Did he say something along the lines of "I'm sure dis gaeme is gonna be $hit, N1ntend0 da best 4evar!". NO. He simply asked if Tomb Raider had certain gameplay elements, and Vickybat gave a simple answer. It should have ended there. But ad-hominem is sooo fun, right guys?

For God's sake, he said he was enjoying it more than F***ING TWILIGHT PRINCESS. How many Nintendo fanboys gamers who have played on all consoles will say something like that? I can bet barely 2-3 people on TDF have played on the Wii. You think that games like Mario Galaxy and Zelda are for kids, and that playing "gritty" games like Gears of War or Uncharted somehow makes you more "mature" than that idiot kid who played Mario. Yup. Keep thinking that.

I've been a member here for an year, and was a lurker for two years before that. I used to think that TDF was some kind of internet utopia, where everyone could freely express their opinion without being bullied. That illusion has slowly shattered over the past few months. The kind of condescension that dead5 and people who agree with him have been subjected to is appalling. Yup, at the end of the day, TDF is just another internet forum.

And now some moron will look at my friend list and tag me as another Nintendo fanboy. And I'll be asked why I'm here if I think TDF is "just another forum"

EDIT: My post is not (necessarily ?) directed at members who have posted in this thread; it's just a general observation.

Relax, it was just commander, and he was joking, like we all do all the time on this forum ;)

You think that games like Mario Galaxy and Zelda are for kids, and that playing "gritty" games like Gears of War or Uncharted somehow makes you more "mature" than that idiot kid who played Mario. Yup. Keep thinking that.

I don't think anybody on this forum has ever thought or said that kinda thing, though I'm open to be proven wrong.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Relax, it was just commander, and he was joking, like we all do all the time on this forum ;)

I don't think anybody on this forum has ever thought or said that kinda thing, though I'm open to be proven wrong.

He said that it wasn't necessarily directed at people posting in this thread.

I could name a number of people who have posted such messages, but history suggests that naming them will be treated as a personal attack. If you look at their post histories, you will find such statements time and again.

cyborg47

Technomancer
He said that it wasn't necessarily directed at people posting in this thread.

I could name a number of people who have posted such messages, but history suggests that naming them will be treated as a personal attack. If you look at their post histories, you will find such statements time and again.

Well..moronic comments receive moronic replies, that's any internet forum's nature :p

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
Wow...just wow.

That was ad hominem?!

I was never questioning his enjoyment of the game. I was only questioning how he was rating it.

By what rationale should the optional missions of a game not be rated? That's like giving a samosa 10/10 because you liked the potato fillings but didn't enjoy the crust.

You dont understand, do you?? re-read my statements.. and if u still dint, keep "wowing"..

Hint:: The word "taste".

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

+100. You've said what I wanted to say since a long time.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar

Sir,This is the Internet.People come here to FIGHT."Okey,I respect your opinion & you respect mine" does not work here.Taking a neutral stance on any topic discussed on a forum does not work.Even if you take a neutral stance,The fight goes on,No one listens to you.
Oh and BTW like cyborg said,I was just joking
And it seems to be Dead5's habit to bash AAA games which don't seem to be available on a Nintendo platform.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Enough OT from me :)

cyborg47

Technomancer
Sir,This is the Internet.People come here to FIGHT."Okey,I respect your opinion & you respect mine" does not work here.Taking a neutral stance on any topic discussed on a forum does not work.Even if you take a neutral stance,The fight goes on,No one listens to you.

*i.imgur.com/M81QrvS.gif

I won't flat out call them fights. Arguments? yeah. Fights, nope :)

I kinda agree with dark void though, been on this forum since 2004, things used to be awesome back then. Now its just got so boring since the last 3 years or something. Too many pretentious techies, overly attached fanboys(you know who I'm talking about :p )..

I was just joking

Without which the forum can get boring as stupid. C'mon, few jokes won't hurt anybody.

And it seems to be Dead5's habit to bash AAA games which don't seem to be available on a Nintendo platform.

true that!

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

+1000. This is exactly how things are everywhere. Opinions cannot be forced and if things are misleading, people will raise their voices.

my game is starting to hang after the helicopter drop.......

I don't see a discrete GPU in your siggy. If you don't have a decent discrete gpu, then things like this are bound to happen. TR is very demanding and a nightmare for igp's like hd 2500.

Absolutely seconded.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor

true that!

Erm no, not quite. He's praised a lot of titles not on Nintendo platforms (the Witcher 2, Tomb Raider, Ni No Kuni etc) and bashed bad titles of Nintendo platforms just the same.

He bashed specific elements of The Last of Us, and for that everyone took it as a personal attack as if Naughty Dog is their breadwinner and started accusing him of being a male chauvinist and not liking women being put in danger [no wonder he's enjoying the game this thread is about...].

It's just like what happens with Narendra Modi. No matter what he does, his critics will always criticize him. (Guy has been given a clean chit in the Godhra Riots case by the Supreme Court appointed SIT damn it, can't you give him a rest?)

Similarly, people (not necessarily or only the two of you) just can't look at him without a lens filter called "nintendo fanboy" and then go around distorting his posts and writing BS. Why else would his post about Sony/Cerny's Playstation wanting to match Nintendo's legacy turn into a violent volcano?

+1000. This is exactly how things are everywhere. Opinions cannot be forced and if things are misleading, people will raise their voices.
Absolutely seconded.

Misleading? Just who are you accusing of misleading? He wasn't forcing his opinion on anyone. Just because you disliked his opinion, you decided that it was being forced upon you. Rather, you should say for being forced to listen to his opinion instead.

And read previous statements for proof how you're just seconding a distorted POV.

Top Bottom