To use Windows Updates or not ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
That's normal dude. No need to panic. Your system is not having any evil spirit! ;-)

Windows downloads after fresh installation is around 100MB. But after the updates gets installed, it occupies around 1GB of disc space. That very normal.

BTW, What is the size of WINDOWS folder in the root drive?

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Hey check out the System Restore. Most prolly its that which is gobbling up most of the space. Plus the dllcache folder (tho I recommend you let this folder as it is).

Jags

Journeyman
iMav said:
urs is the only pc that becomes slow after an update :lol:
i think this wil prove my point a lil bit:-
*www.computerworld.com/securitytopics/security/story/0,10801,80605,00.html

*www.ozms.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=1555&forum=5

So, im not ENTIRELY wrong.. :D
and jst bcoz its nt happening on ur pc doest mean it cannot happen anywhere lese

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
Instead of surmising one can download Jdiskreport from *www.jgoodies.com/ and analyse various partitions and folders to know exactly how much space each folder is occcupying. On my Desktop (Windows XP/Sp2) c:windows occupies 7.6GB with all updates uptodate.I have never found my PC to be slow on account of updates.Jdiskreport will also help you to identify and delete the unnecessary data which most programs leave in your C:documents and settings <user>.For example if you have used Nero express, or Nero recode or DVD shrink etc., to carry out a project they may leave huge amount of data which they temporarily used under various folders. After the project is finished you may delete these data files.Jdisk report will help you to locate and delete such space hoggers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom